Author Topic: Fuse identification  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Mam

• Just got here
Fuse identification
« on: 10 March 2021, 17:52 »
Could anyone please tell me which fuse is used to operate the fuel filler flap on a Golf GTD Mk7.
The flap refuses to open and I would like to check the fuse before I take it in to be fixed.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Fuse identification
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2021, 18:07 »
Sorry, not sure with the fuse, are they not listed in the handbook? Having said that, the actuator is a common fail, I changed mine on my MK7, apart from getting the trim removed from the boot it was very easy to replace.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mam

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2021, 19:38 »
Thanks for your reply.
Is there a procedure for removing the trim as I don’t see any fixing screws visible.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 10 March 2021, 21:56 »
It's mostly held on by clips but there are screws, 1 that I recall, possibly 2. Pretty sure there will be tutorials on youtube. You only need enough access to get your hand in and unclip the electrical connection and reconnect.

This thread should help - https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/34762-fuel-flap-actuator/page/2/#comments
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Mam

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2021, 15:42 »
Hello again, well I removed the side panel trim expecting to be able to get to the rear of the solenoid but it is inaccessible. I re-read your reply and disconnected what I think is the solenoid connection (goes through a 1” diameter rubber grommet) and reconnected but still no good.
I was expecting to see some sort of manual override that you could push but the solenoid is behind a double skinned panel. I wonder if the garage drills a hole through to gain access?
Looks as though I will have to pay the £192 that I’ve been quoted ☹️.
PS- I’ve found a fuse diagram on U- Tube for both fuse boxes and the fuel flap isn’t mentioned. (Handbook was useless).

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2021, 16:52 »
You need to open the flap to get to the actuator, some tips here - https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/27069-filler-flap-stuck-shut/

It's just the electrical connection that you have to unplug from inside the car.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Mam

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2021, 18:45 »
Yes, I’ve read these and tried to lever it open but it is stuck.
I’ll try and find out how they open it when it goes in for repair and let you know.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2021, 19:05 »
Yes, I’ve read these and tried to lever it open but it is stuck.
I’ll try and find out how they open it when it goes in for repair and let you know.

That's a bugger. It was worth a go. It'll certainly be useful to know how the open it, thanks :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.