Author Topic: Dashcam Mounting  (Read 8167 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Dashcam Mounting
« Reply #60 on: 17 March 2021, 10:06 »
I didn't remove the a pillar trim either, just gently tucked the cable behind 👍.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 17 March 2021, 10:26 »
Forgive my ignorance, but does the Mk7/7.5 have airbags in the A-pillar, or anywhere in the roof liner? I know with some cars you have to be incredibly careful where you run cables so you don't trap any part of the airbag setup and it's ability to detonate. Is that a concern with this age of Golf?

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 17 March 2021, 18:53 »
Forgive my ignorance, but does the Mk7/7.5 have airbags in the A-pillar, or anywhere in the roof liner? I know with some cars you have to be incredibly careful where you run cables so you don't trap any part of the airbag setup and it's ability to detonate. Is that a concern with this age of Golf?

Yes they do and it is a curtain airbag that is the full length the cable needs to go behind it for safety reasons.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #63 on: 17 March 2021, 19:25 »
The cable shouldn't really need to go under the coveron the A pillar. I tucked mine under there a bit (obviously don't push lots of excess cable under the A pillar cover), most of the cable should run around the rubber on the inside of the doors.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #64 on: 17 March 2021, 20:32 »
I didn't remove the a pillar trim either, just gently tucked the cable behind 👍.

The cable shouldn't really need to go under the coveron the A pillar. I tucked mine under there a bit (obviously don't push lots of excess cable under the A pillar cover), most of the cable should run around the rubber on the inside of the doors.

Agree you can do that but I never like just tucking it in tbh. Plus I always feel it may cross over the airbag and so prefer to have it go behind it and tape it down so if ever have to remove any trims it doesn't just fall out and end up hanging down lol.