Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626805 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1090 on: 07 December 2013, 19:05 »
gloss diffuser for sale?

Not decided yet as crazed in a few places so may be looking at getting it resprayed before I sell it

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1091 on: 07 December 2013, 22:05 »
Got inspired by a couple of posts above...so while on the ramp fitting the gloss Diffuser I decided to have a little wipe around with some expert 60,then got carried away and painted the discs.

didn't think it looked half bad for 20 mins work ,  I might break out the steam cleaner when I close for Xmas and spend alot more time and be thorough,prob replace a few rusty nuts and bolts aswell,or I might be cheeky and take it to VW and see if they will supply them under warranty :evil:

I must say VW brake discs are dog sh*t quality,rusty and grooved in a few thousand miles,compared to a 9 grand new citroen lease car that we have had for a year and 25K miles,theirs are spotless.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #302

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1092 on: 07 December 2013, 22:08 »
looks so much better with the 35 on the rear

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1093 on: 07 December 2013, 22:13 »
I'm still bitter over the price...robbing barstewards

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1094 on: 07 December 2013, 22:24 »
I'm still bitter over the price...robbing barstewards

that bitterness never leaves you.....

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #1095 on: 07 December 2013, 22:35 »
I treated mine with about 15 litres of waxoyl undeneath to keep mine from rusting when new as I could see what was going to happen. With the lack of treatment.
You can buy plastic covers for the back arms from audi. Ive got the ones to the side of the arms and the bluemotion one behind the tank to keep the dirt away.
I will paint my discs at some point as they havent rusted completely yet.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline GS WAX

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1096 on: 07 December 2013, 22:40 »
I treated mine with about 15 litres of waxoyl undeneath to keep mine from rusting when new as I could see what was going to happen. With the lack of treatment.
You can buy plastic covers for the back arms from audi. Ive got the ones to the side of the arms and the bluemotion one behind the tank to keep the dirt away.
I will paint my discs at some point as they havent rusted completely yet.

Sounds interesting,will look into those covers,Which model Audi?

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1097 on: 07 December 2013, 23:05 »
Went and bought my 3" race milltek cat back today will hopefully be fitting in the morning if I feel fresh enough after the Xmas party tonight

Like those disc they stand out more in silver mine have just disappeared and can't be seen now cos there black
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1098 on: 07 December 2013, 23:10 »
Went and bought my 3" race milltek cat back today will hopefully be fitting in the morning if I feel fresh enough after the Xmas party tonight

Like those disc they stand out more in silver mine have just disappeared and can't be seen now cos there black

You out the dog house yet :)

Offline legg360

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1099 on: 07 December 2013, 23:17 »

You out the dog house yet :)

Haha yea proper bombed it home pretty much flat out (oxford to Tewkesbury in about 45mins without going over the speed limit ;) ) and got the girlfriend to get her hair done in time to keep her happy lol.... But the look on her face when I said I wanna spend Sunday fitting the exhaust was priceless haha
« Last Edit: 08 December 2013, 00:09 by legg360 »
Golf GTI MK6 5dr Manual - Candy White with Jacara Cloth, Vancouver 18" Alloys, RNS 510, Cruise Control, Carbon Vinyl Wrap Roof, Milltek 3" Race Cat Back.