Author Topic: Seanl's Raddo KR problem child!  (Read 31975 times)

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Seanl's Raddo KR problem child!
« Reply #210 on: 03 June 2012, 16:41 »
TBH, the lump is on 170k so I'm not fussed about making it look proper mint. I've kinda lost the passion for the whole modding thing for the moment, and the bodyworks a bit tired too. It would cost a fortune turning it into a decent motor, unless I decide on a rustoleum paint job (not sure until I've seen it with my own eyes) or I get a garage and decide to buy a compressor and give it a go myself. Otherwise I'm gonna run it for a little while, wait til the missus is driving again so I can take it off the road and pay it the attention it deserves with a transplant. Or trade it in for a VR6.  :evil: I paid very little for it so I'm kinda in credit a little if I sold it or break it. I just don't know yet, hence the reason I'm waffling on now............. :rolleyes:

I know this feeling...

The wife's Mk2 has 175K on it and I have decided to just run it until it fails MOT etc and then scrap it... I cant bring myself to spending £2-3K bringing it back to a "Great Car" - Will use the scrap money to buy her a better lower mileage one...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #211 on: 03 June 2012, 19:31 »
Yeah I've lost interest again waiting for paint to go on But anything you do now before winter should help it looks in good nick last week saw a mate drop a VR6 into a corrado it went in quick, but he did have a donor from a MK3 sitting there rotting cost him 500 for the car in the end with 80K on the clock the car had rotted wings and floor hence running gear was spot on though I think the leather and body parts if sold covered his conversion.

I'd love to do that, but again its just the running gear. The bodywork would still be a bit pants. Thats all it is, a bit pants. I mean its not terrible, and theres very little rust (a few very small scabs starting to appear). It also polishes up really really well, it just has tons of stone chips, and quite a few scratches as well as 5 or 6 small car park dings on the swage lines. Its the really small dents that are pissing me off the most!  :angry:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #212 on: 04 June 2012, 00:54 »
Yeah I've lost interest again waiting for paint to go on But anything you do now before winter should help it looks in good nick last week saw a mate drop a VR6 into a corrado it went in quick, but he did have a donor from a MK3 sitting there rotting cost him 500 for the car in the end with 80K on the clock the car had rotted wings and floor hence running gear was spot on though I think the leather and body parts if sold covered his conversion.

I'd love to do that, but again its just the running gear. The bodywork would still be a bit pants. Thats all it is, a bit pants. I mean its not terrible, and theres very little rust (a few very small scabs starting to appear). It also polishes up really really well, it just has tons of stone chips, and quite a few scratches as well as 5 or 6 small car park dings on the swage lines. Its the really small dents that are pissing me off the most!  :angry:

But That's why it was so cheap..... Surely...

So you have to bite the bullet and get new (or as new) panels and then spend £2K getting a proper re-spray or as you say use it and scrap it for parts when you get one you really do want to spend money on?

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #213 on: 19 June 2012, 16:49 »
Well as some of you know, this was written off by the nice chap in his Range Rover 2 weeks ago. Looking at the last post, its seems I'd had enough of it anyway! That was not the case, and I was genuinely gutted by what happened. Dan7 has just collected it ready for breaking, so RIP Corrado.  :cry: :cry:

Starting to look for a sensible little daily for the time being, as I'm moving to Fareham (or thereabout) in about 6 weeks time. Hopefully should have a nice garage too.

And when everything has settled down, I've been given permission by the wife  :rolleyes: to use the money I should receive in compo, to start looking for another Corrado, but this time in the form of a VR! YES!!  :evil:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline leigh_harty

• I live here
  • Audi AGU
« Reply #214 on: 19 June 2012, 17:09 »
Corrado vr  :tongue:

Shame about the crash but on and up  :cool:
Dont lose your dinosaur!

Gavv8

« Reply #215 on: 19 June 2012, 17:21 »
+1 on the Corrado VR...yum!

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #216 on: 19 June 2012, 18:02 »
Sorry to hear about the KR mate! I look forward to seeing a VR Corrado though :) WHat are you gonna buy in the mean time?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #217 on: 19 June 2012, 20:01 »
Sorry bout kr, but ooooow vr power

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #218 on: 19 June 2012, 20:51 »
Dan had a bit of an accident on the way back to his shack! Thought he'd give it one last ragging, and this is the result! :lipsrsealed:

Flew up at about 80 apparently! Woops! :grin:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #219 on: 19 June 2012, 20:59 »
Sorry to hear about the KR mate! I look forward to seeing a VR Corrado though :) WHat are you gonna buy in the mean time?

Just gonna get a little Polo or similar for now Dan. Missus has been dying to drive since getting her liscence back, but insurance has been a no no. Im putting my no claims on the line for her, but in return I can put the VR on a classic policy so I'll be quids in anyway! She sweetened the deal by agreeing to BJs for a month though!  :laugh:

Not managed to cash in yet though................... :sad: :grin: