Author Topic: VR6 High Milage  (Read 6204 times)

Offline Lux

• Just got here
  • MK3 Gti 8V
VR6 High Milage
« on: 21 February 2019, 11:23 »
I’m off to look at a VR6 Highline with 180k on the clock.

The owner has informed me that it’s good a decent service history. It’s had the sills and floor pan welded for previous MOT. New brake pads, discs and lines all round.

The heater matrix has been bypassed - but my friend and I will get the dash out one weekend.

Anything to worry about. Is 180k too many miles? Do the VR6 engines take the milage well?

Thanks.

Offline Kola

• Not said much yet
Re: VR6 High Milage
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2019, 17:43 »
Hi mate,

Im no mechanic so take my reply ith a pinch of salt.  I honestly think a VR6 with 180k that has been oil and filter changed ever 3k and properly serviced and looked after since day one. will be waaaaay better than a 50k VR6 that has never has the oil changed once and treat like crap. 

So, I guess what I mean is the miles is not irreverent but its more how well its been treated.

If all cars were serviced regularly and they all had the same history then defiantly a 50k car should be way better.  But thats never the case.

This reply doesn't help you as there is no way to know the history.  For me I waited for a dealer serviced highline that I could trace back to day one.  Two owners etc etc. 

I did see a few on Ebay with 55k on the clock but when you vet them on the net they have 80k on them.  hmmmmm, where did those 30k miles go then?

But then and even now with the right VR6 ive just had the window cable snap and I hope ive finally got to the bottom of why it keeps konking out.  Its a bloody mine field mate.

My new GF gives me no problems!  Unlike ALL of the rest!!  She's only 21, black and extremely sexy. Sure she may have a slight drinking problem but nothing is perfect right?   Her name is Vicky (The VR6) Highline and I am madly in love.

Offline Kola

• Not said much yet
Re: VR6 High Milage
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2019, 17:44 »
PS - Also 180k is NOT high miles for a car of its age given the 12k a year average 250k would surely be normal give or take. 
My new GF gives me no problems!  Unlike ALL of the rest!!  She's only 21, black and extremely sexy. Sure she may have a slight drinking problem but nothing is perfect right?   Her name is Vicky (The VR6) Highline and I am madly in love.