Author Topic: yet another electric windows question  (Read 1148 times)

Offline CHRIS_H

• Just got here
yet another electric windows question
« on: 27 March 2007, 07:17 »
hi ,
i have a 2001 golf. recently the electric window rollback function has begun playing up. if the car is moving the one touch closing function works. however if i stop the car then then try using the drivers electric window it starts to close then stops and goes back down into the door and will only close if i hold the switch down. i have had the central locking control unit replaced so is it connected to this? or is it the cursed window regulator? the car is under warranty till december with a local vw dealership
thanks

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: yet another electric windows question
« Reply #1 on: 27 March 2007, 09:26 »
try holding the swtich down for longer when you've stopped.  I have this problem occasionally and holding the switch down for a while seems to restore the one touch function.

it could be that the glass needs adjusting as if one side goes up before the other it will roll back down.

best bet is to strip the door card off and have a look otherwise if you keep doing it you'll bust the clips and possibly the regulator.  Do you know if the clips have been replaced with metal ones?

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2007, 12:15 »
First of all, to restore the 'one-touch' you have to close the window & then hold the button in the 'up' position when the window is shut for about 10 seconds.

The window mechanism is covered under VW warranty, so if you're still having trouble, book it in & they should sort it F.O.C..
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2007, 16:31 »
it wont be the window regulator, but it could be the window switch.. it's not an uncommon fault.

Offline CHRIS_H

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2007, 20:17 »
hi,
 I took the car into the vw dealership and they fitted a window repair kit which i believe is the window regulator and clips.  this hasnt solved the problem so could this now be the window mechanism

Offline golfdubcrazy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2007, 17:15 »
make sure the windows is moving freely as that sound like the protect is kicking in (like when a stupid kid trys to close the windows with his head in the way the protect stops the window and brings it back down)