Author Topic: Does my Dodge belong in here or MK5 TDI section mmmmm?  (Read 9212 times)

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: Does my Dodge belong in here or MK5 TDI section mmmmm?
« Reply #10 on: 23 September 2012, 17:48 »
Well a few things have cropped up since abusing the old gal!
A engine management light came on a mate stuck vag com on to it.
 It was EGR error then we found one vac pipe was just hanging, plugged it back in and cleared the error and two days after came back, but I think the main VAC junction clip was not on properly as I pushed it back in and heard the clip engage.
Anyways CAM belt up I've done 63K so should be right for change the rollers weigh about 1/2 killo on diesels :shocked: cost of cam kit from VAG £250 included water pump not too bad!

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
EGR OR not to EGR?
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2012, 14:39 »
 :lipsrsealed:
Haven't bolted it back yet letting things dry out and settle.
Used brake cleaner and a screw driver mainly loads of rags and tissues but not bad result I think hope it works when back on the car  :undecided:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 March 2014, 21:07 »
Today was a day off to fix the rear suspension.
Had to remove 14 bolts!  :sad:
Two were pigs and had to get out the plasma cutter :lipsrsealed:
Two lateral links and two upper lateral links plus replaced two anti roll bars, pig of a job!
Worst thing you need a lift to tighten up all the bolts so the bolts dont stretch the bushings it needs all corners to th ground with full weight behind it.
The whole rear feels so much better afterwards, but what is the world coming to when high tensile bolts cost just as much as the parts?  :rolleyes:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 23 March 2014, 10:58 »
Monday off to get the front strut springs compressed and changed out, had to buy new bearing plates and bump stops total expenses for the daily £300 and a crate of beer!  :rolleyes: