Author Topic: New Anni Owner  (Read 980 times)

Offline SteveAnni

• Just got here
New Anni Owner
« on: 01 July 2020, 16:52 »
Hi all,

Having always wanted a mk4 Anni or R32 I finally decided I was bored of modern cars and fancied owning one before they become impossible to source!

I quickly realised finding a mk4 R32’s in Silver, 3dr and with Half Leather wasn’t going to be an easy task and good ones have really appreciated in recent years.

Anni’s have held money well and I managed to find a sub 100k 20vt only a few hours away in Bristol. Happy days.

I’ve owned quite a few cars and this is my 4th 20vt (mk3 Ibiza Cupra, mk1 TT 225 and a 6N2 Polo with a 20vt conversion).

Latest car was a 2014 Z4 and before that had a few R53 Cooper S’s.

From the test drive the Golf felt pokey but hardware wise it was totally stock and the owner had no knowledge of a remap... turns out it has been mapped so I’ll be taking it to AMD to have it checked and see if their map could make any improvements.

I’ve fitted a Pioneer Apple CarPlay double din and a 12” sub for some noise (reliving my youth!) and I’ve got to say, it sounds 10 x better than any upgraded OEM system I’ve had.

Removed the rear wiper, 15mm rear spacers and fitted a black grill.

Desperately needs lowering next, not used to driving a car at stock height!

Once it’s lowered I’ll then go over it to tidy anything up, few bits of paint, wheels refurbished and then maybe a few more mods!

Day after collection

« Last Edit: 01 July 2020, 17:03 by SteveAnni »

Offline SteveAnni

• Just got here
Re: New Anni Owner
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2020, 17:08 »
Pioneer HU fitted

Rear wiper delete, have now fitted a stubby aerial too

Black grill fitted

Finally, 15mm rear spacers

Offline SteveAnni

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2020, 17:11 »

My old Z4 with my other toy 👍🏼

Offline DeanSherman7

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 02 July 2020, 11:08 »
Love the Anni mate they are really smart my misses has a red GTi mk4 but the anni is such a lovely looking car great choice 👍🏼
🚘🇩🇪 MK6 Golf GTi 🇩🇪🚘