Author Topic: Just back from the stealers, need model numbers for voice commands.  (Read 1387 times)

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
Well after 12 months I have finally got my bluetooth sorted and I am now enjoying stereo bluetooth music.

The car went in because it was only playing music through the drivers side of the car.

After them having the car all day reseting the bluetooth, not fixing it, updating the software on my RNS510, still not solved they took the centre console apart and found the wire to the passenger side missing, hey presto I have tunes on both sides.

But now that I have had the software updated I have the option for voice commands, but I don't think the bluetooth module will allow it, the model number is 5N0 035 730 D, What would i need to get the voice commands working as i looked rather stupid shouting at the car trying to get it to work.

Also the courtesy car of a UP! was better than what I expected.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline gaurav_aidasani

• GTI forum regular
Out of interest how much is the Bluetooth module with fitting?

Offline mavs

• Not said much yet
Pretty sure its a simple job of activating the option through VCDS pal. The below steps should point you in the right direction :wink:

1. SELECT
2. 37 NAVIGATION
3. CODING - 07
4. LONG CODING HELPER
5. Highlight BYTE 7
6. Remove check from BIT 1
7. ESC out from this screen
8. DO IT!
9. Exit out of VCDS software
59' GOLF MK6 GTI | Reflex Silver | APR Stage 1 | Neuspeed P-Flo Intake | 18" Anthracite TD Pro Race 1.2 Alloys | Heated Vienna Leather | RNS 510 | Cruise Control | Bi-Xenon LED DRL Headlights | OEM LED Tails

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
Out of interest how much is the Bluetooth module with fitting?

The bluetooth was already in the car, it just wants working properly.