Author Topic: wiring in an amp  (Read 1236 times)

Offline spudboy6

• I live here
  • Just like a golf ......
wiring in an amp
« on: 22 June 2011, 23:00 »
right sit down and get comfortable ! , okay so ive got my self an alpine MPR-T220 amp 2ch , it can run either 2/4 ohm ,

Alpine MRP-T220 Alpine 2/1 Channel Power Car Amplifier

- 140W x 1 RMS 4 Ohms Bridged
- 70W x 2 RMS 2 Ohms
- 50W x 2 RMS 4 Ohms

my questions are

1- im running  50rms/150w peak jbl compoent on cross overs to tweeters in the front doors and 25rms/180Wpeak alpine coaxial in the dash (probably the wrong set up but i didnt know much about speakers ) , so how can i get all this running up on the amp ?

2- what awg/guage wiring kit would i want ?

3- whos made up a nice boot build for their amp mk3 ? , pics ,

im not planning on runing a sub yet, so just want to get my jbls working nicely if anything get some bass from them , im not bass crazy or id buy a sub , just making use of a free amp i was given , ( have got another 2ch amp but its a jet force 350W peak piece of pooh just sitting in the draw but idealy only want to run one amp)

any help adivce and diagrams / videos would be great thank .

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
Re: wiring in an amp
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2011, 12:20 »
Tweeters in doors? Other way round surely! :huh:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline B-chi

• I live here
Re: wiring in an amp
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2011, 18:22 »
Components are a mid, tweet and crossover.

Ditch the co-axs, put the mid in the door, tweeter in the dash, crossover somewhere in the middle hidden away.

Make a false floor, carpet it, secure the amp to it and hide the cables. Jobs a goodun.

I'm just down the road from you in abingdon so If you want a hand let us know and you can pop over sometime and we'll get it in for ya.

karl