Author Topic: New member to the Golf GTi family. At last!  (Read 1655 times)

Offline GT-Si

• Just got here
New member to the Golf GTi family. At last!
« on: 21 July 2019, 17:38 »
Afternoon to all,

Just a quick hello and intro as not to bore you all. I've just bought myself a MK6 Golf GTi, after wanting one since secondary school.  We all used to say what car we'd get once we left school and could drive. The usual suspects popped up. XR2, XR2i, Astra GTe, CRXs, and of course a load of us said the GTi. Well, after wairing far too long, Ive finally achieved that dream. And it is everything I imagined it to be. She is a beaut. I waited until the right one came along with most of the spec I wanted. And now I'm buzzing. Only had it 4 days so far and loved every minute of it. Anyway, I won't ramble on, just wanted to say hello and hope to call on all your experience in the future when it's needed.

All the best, Si.  (GT-Si)

Offline thatSamaritan

• Just got here
Re: New member to the Golf GTi family. At last!
« Reply #1 on: 22 July 2019, 12:48 »
Welcome ! I too am hoping to get a Mk6 Gti soon , test drove one the other week and fell in love with that particular one immediately ! Enjoy your new Gti !

Offline Jaymat

• Just got here
Re: New member to the Golf GTi family. At last!
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2019, 22:44 »
Hi. Well I would say love it, enjoy if and make the dream a reality.
I too started my car history with an old Fiesta 11 Sport. Predecessor to the super sport and then XR2!
Though the GTI was the dream car. Though it’s also when insurance companies started inflating prices and car thetafor hot hatches went through the roof.
So here I am many yes later and picked up
My MK7.5 GTI last week. And all I can say is awesome.

As a newbie with my golf. Can anyone answer a question? What’s the biggesttyre you can fit. I ask as have a set oh wheels with snow tyres off my A6 though they are 235/35/19 and I see the ones on my golf are 225:35/19
Wondering if the old wheels will fit my new car