Author Topic: Adi's mk3 wannabe mk2 GL + GTI daily :)  (Read 17472 times)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
Adi's mk3 wannabe mk2 GL + GTI daily :)
« on: 19 February 2012, 10:38 »
Anyone remember this?

Then a few months later it looked like this running a digifart on a 4+E with rear discs, GTI interior and working MFA

Fast forward a year and a mk2 GTD/mk1 cabby and I've just got another PB converted GL, a 90 spec this time. Can't be bothered to explain what I've done so far so I'l let the pics do the talking. when I got it

Then I dropped it

Then I cleaned it and took out the tintz innit

btw the e30 is for sale ;)
« Last Edit: 01 September 2012, 16:32 by tsr_adi »

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
Re: Adi's PB powered mk2 golf GL *TAKE 2*
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2012, 20:07 »
So I've been collecting parts :)

After the little incident I had at AnE with hot coolant spraying at my face from the broken front plastic flange, I've replaced that and found the top hose to be split. So ebay to the rescue and I've got a genuine new top hose.
Also ebay got me a proper 90 spec fitting boss for my sexy suede steering wheel (pre 90 spec boss is for sale, no good to me)

Also bought some Osram nightbreaker bulbs, highly recommended! Some cheeky decals for the back window, and I did get some mk3 style door handles, but they aren't a particularly good fit, so I've bought some proper mk2 ones to replace my dodgy originals.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2012, 22:00 »
Really nice that... Good find.... I want that steering wheel.  :cool:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 March 2012, 19:29 »
I've done a few bits on my latest GL, finally drilled and tapped the drilled out bolts on the centre caps, so they're now fitted making the car look a million times better. I've swapped the badged grilled for a debadged item, fitted rainbows, and cleaned it :)

I hadn't posted a pic of the PB lump, so here it is, needs some dressing and cleaning, however I'm not sure I'l bother as I really want an ABF in there...

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2012, 15:59 »
Pointless update, but for those of you who spend ages with autosol cleaning your exhaust, don't bother, nick some of your mum's or wench's hobrite from the kitchen cupboard and a scouring pad, and it takes 2 mins rubbing the crap loose, then rinse off with warm water, this is the results...

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 April 2012, 15:01 »
Heater matrix time...

The latter pic is where I'm up to, and my knuckles are SCRAPED! Not bad time though, got where I am now in just over 2 hours, I reckon I'd have it done in just over 2 hours :)

Oh, and it would also appear my car has had a replacement scuttle panel welded in! Result  8-)

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2012, 16:00 »
Bit of an update on my golf. Still got it, still using/abusing daily, and still putting up with it!

So, after the heater matrix fiasco, a few days later it started steaming the windscreen up again slightly, as you can imagine I was far from impressed. Then very soon after it over heated in traffic due to a now duff radiator fan, which caused the plastic coolant flange on the side of the head to distort and no longer keep water in my engine. So I replaced the flange, saw it was leak free, then although I hate using the stuff I stuck some radweld in it and touch wood so far I have no more steamy windows, lots of heat, and NO water leaks! Also in this time I changed a CV joint, but typically I now need one in the other side.

Still in need of a rad fan, but keeping out of traffic ;) Otherwise all has been good, it does desperately need some discs/pads all round for the upcoming MOT though.

In cosmetic news, I got myself some flyeye kit. Can't recommend it enough, cost me just over a fiver posted for enough to do my headlights (and still have a bit left) and come with a posh scalpel, a nice little applicator tool and a letter stating they're vosa approved in case of a jobsworth copper! Have a pic :)

Also jetwashed my engine bay a few weeks ago, its actually nice to do work on it without getting covered in all manner of crap!

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2012, 10:24 »
Adi you forgot to mention your "mishap" when fitting your new cv joint........
Are you telling or am i? :grin: :evil:

Offline tsr_adi

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2012, 11:00 »
Yea yea, I put the CV on without putting the boot on first  :rolleyes:

It now has a super awesome stretchy one on now though so its all good. A mistake that cost me £13  :shocked:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2012, 11:11 »
Did you end up buying a cone?They are only £6 if i remember rightly.
Mines here for when you do the other side if you havnt.

Liking the fly eyes btw. :cool: