Author Topic: MkVI Shots from today..  (Read 11632 times)

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
MkVI Shots from today..
« on: 11 December 2008, 19:34 »
Was at my local dealer today getting some bits and the salesman I know there asked if I fancied a peek at the new MkVI that they had in the valet bay ready for the showroom.. Thought may as well have a quick butchers  :wink:
Now ignoring the fact that it is a 2.0TDI and still has the transport blocks in as it's sitting silly high, I didn't think it'd looked to bad..

The interior is fantastic IMO and is a real step up from the MkV. Really looking forward to seeing the new GTI in March. Also has a few new features, including parking camera in the rear VW badge, all colour coded bumpers, and rear washer jet is in the spoiler brake light :smiley:. Along with a few other bits..
Anyway, thought i'd share the pics to see what you boys think? (Camera phone though i'm afraid )

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
Re: MkVI Shots from today..
« Reply #1 on: 11 December 2008, 19:50 »
I think the front "grill" has potential of having a rather mean look. Looks cool man and quite cool of the salesman to let you have a peak  :smiley:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline BodyThief

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 11 December 2008, 19:51 »
The interior look great  :cool:

As for styling well the front is the most sucessful, the rear looks pretty good and the sides are frumpy as with the mk5.

Overall much nicer than the mkV imo

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2008, 19:56 »
The non-GTI Mk5 looks nasty imo - the Mk6 is a lot better.  However, I don't think the Mk6 GTI looks better than the Mk5 GTI - I think the front is too angular, though the back is ok.  The sides minus the strips is a stupid idea plain and simple - the number of Mk6 GTIs scarred from shopping trips will be witness to that.  Overall, its a Mk5.5 and not worth changing over to unless you don't drive a Golf or you don't have a GTI and want one.
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2008, 19:57 »
It really has grown on me, I may even like it more than the MKV, hopefully the GTI will look the business in the flesh.

Nick

Offline Stiggy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2008, 20:08 »
Like the front, not so sure about the back.  I think the standard mkvi looks miles better than the standard mkv.  As for the mkvi gti, i don't get the same feeling as i did when i saw the mkv gti for the very first time - the urge that i've got to get one. 
ED30 gti 5dr pearlescent black with DSG, xenons, bluetooth, tinted windows, ipod, rear parking sensors, highline....and a huge grin!

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2008, 20:10 »
Definitely growing on me !

Still standing by my original opinion that is is a MK5.5. Its too similar to the MK5 for me which is by no means a bad thing, just would have been to see something a little different. Compare MK4 to MK5, imo a massive improvement and a completely different car.

The reason why the standard looks better is because it has fully coded bumpers and non of the cheap looking plastic grey bumpers that are not only on the standard but also on our (fook off ED30 boys ;) GTIs. Its amazing how much better a fully coloured coded car looks.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2008, 20:17 »
Looks  :cool:

Interior defo looks a step up. It has potential and appeals to me alot more than the MKV did when it first appeared. I will have one with a 3.2 V6 and 4-wheel drive pls..... oh hang on... I already have one :grin:

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2008, 20:45 »
Honestly guys I can't stress how nice the interior was..  :drool:. Just the dails, instruments and stereo.. Really was nice.. Pic doesn't do it justice
« Last Edit: 12 December 2008, 08:15 by Vtec Abuser »

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2008, 22:01 »
i like it and if thats just the derv  :shocked:  :shocked: then the gti should be  :drool:  :drool: :drool:  :drool: