Author Topic: GTD MPG Video  (Read 6248 times)

Offline finnie

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD MPG Video
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2012, 07:34 »
On Saturday afternoon drove from Elgin to Inverness and back. 60 miles each way with two slow towns in between. Average overall was 60.5 mpg speeds were from 40 upto overtaking speeds where required. Mostly at 60 limit. Cannot get over how good the gtd is!

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2012, 07:50 »
Three observations

1) Thats a woeful figure, should read more like 70+
2) Remove some of the dust off your MFD to achieve this.
3) Good Tune!

61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2012, 19:05 »
Three observations

1) Thats a woeful figure, should read more like 70+
2) Remove some of the dust off your MFD to achieve this.
3) Good Tune!

I would love to see a vid getting 70mpg plus consider the GTD is only spec'd at 62/3 from VW.
I didnt really realise the MFD is that dirty, until you look at the 1080p version up close.
Tune was a free one that YouTube recommended.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 27 March 2012, 10:09 »
It's definitely possible:

61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 27 March 2012, 10:16 »
oh and hope you know I was being sarcy, anybody who spends time making such geeky vids gets a thumbs up in my book, I was all over youtube looking at silly stuff to work out what my new golf was going to be like.  Hell after Doc's request I even have a vid posted of the xenon's sparking up and doing their little dance.

I just can't help a bit of sarcasm.....

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 27 March 2012, 17:59 »
It's definitely possible:

Next time I come down a really steep hill I will reset it at the top, I am sure I could beat that I wonder if it could read 200mpg average as thats the max the average one reads before ---.  The video proves it hands down mind, some doubters out there. Unless of course I spent hours/days/weeks/years changing every frame by hand. :laugh:
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 28 March 2012, 09:53 »
go on then, what video recorder do you use? or do you just electrical tape a point and shoot to the dash?

I personally fully believe your figure, I'm just amazed its not higher, though your cold weather is probably still a player!

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 28 March 2012, 19:14 »
I used a Panasonic TZ20 point and shot compact.  Now people have gone crazy on the with the fuel, driving slower is the way forwards car is currently computing 700 to a tank.