Author Topic: martinb - banana corrado  (Read 9014 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
martinb - banana corrado
« on: 18 September 2006, 22:38 »
here you go :afro:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: martinb - banana corrado
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2006, 12:26 »
Right my new project! So after 2 and a half years my mk2 Turbo has finally been sold  :cry: :cry: But after years of wanting one i have finally got myself a Corrado!  :cool:

I saw this advertised in my local paper and it all looked good, advertised as mint condition, Full service History, family owned last 12years errr......Yellow!  :laugh:I thought i would never consider a yellow one and it almost pt me off going to see the car but i thought the rest of it sounds good, the price looks tempting and its only round the corner....

So i got there and the car looked stunning in yellow and was in mint condition with stacks and stacks of receipts, 100% factory standard and despite a slightly high mileage
(172k) it started n the button with no rattles or smoke so after a bit of haggling with the mature owner i drove the car away for £1450.

Initially the performance was a little underwhelming (its only the 1.8 16v) especially after my golf but being the first 16v i have owned it took a little while to get used to having to cane the hell outta it to get it to go and although still nowhere near my old car its not that bad! Still the 30mpg plus it gets even when driving "enthusiastically" is fairly refreshing!

Anyway i've not really had a chance to do much yet apart from put on a couple of bits i pinched from my Golf before it went like my Wolfsberg mats, Door pins & tiny 280mm Mono Steering Wheel!

Only Got one Picture i can put up at the moment of it from this years E38:

Think gettin it slammed it high on the list of stuff to do next..... :grin:
« Last Edit: 19 September 2006, 12:38 by martinb »

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: martinb - banana corrado
« Reply #2 on: 04 November 2006, 12:11 »
few more pics: