Author Topic: Scott's Mk4 GT28RS Build  (Read 50579 times)

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
Re: Scott's Mk4
« Reply #80 on: 27 April 2014, 21:10 »
Want to use the car this summer..
Golf GTI ... What else would you have?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #81 on: 27 April 2014, 21:13 »
Want to use the car this summer..
get rods in it now then  :wink:

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #82 on: 27 April 2014, 21:16 »
So much hassle as engine is literally just back in.. Wasn't worried then I stared reading into forums and seeing people blow pistons at 290ftlb.

Barry I will have to come see you at some point, I'm currently working on the M8 interchange so I'm down there daily if your about.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #83 on: 27 April 2014, 21:20 »
So much hassle as engine is literally just back in.. Wasn't worried then I stared reading into forums and seeing people blow pistons at 290ftlb.

Barry I will have to come see you at some point, I'm currently working on the M8 interchange so I'm down there daily if your about.
your welcome and i have a spare aum engine sitting here  :whistle:

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #84 on: 27 April 2014, 21:24 »
May come in handy  :whistle:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #85 on: 27 April 2014, 21:28 »
i would get rods in yours before getting it mapped  :sad:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #86 on: 27 April 2014, 21:32 »

+1 on this

Why fork out twice for labour etc as if you bend something you may end up needing a whole new engine........

You simply cannot skimp or put anything at risk when you are going for big numbers

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #87 on: 27 April 2014, 21:34 »

+1 on this

Why fork out twice for labour etc as if you bend something you may end up needing a whole new engine........

You simply cannot skimp or put anything at risk when you are going for big numbers
an that turbo looks like it could throw some good numbers at the wheels  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 27 April 2014, 21:41 by barrym381 »

Offline Scott-R

• I live here
  • GoT BoosT!
« Reply #88 on: 27 April 2014, 21:52 »
Yes, I am 100% going for the full works this winter but just looking to get through this summer with good power, may take rods up and get them fitted if Jamie is up for  it.

As posted a while ago I have a spare bottom end with all the parts to upgrade most of the block but that's still sitting in me shed, More time and money and it will be ready for next winter to get it in the car along with some more parts purchased this summer.

300bhp should see it through summer on stock internals but I bet I regret saying that...  :lipsrsealed:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #89 on: 27 April 2014, 21:55 »
Yes, I am 100% going for the full works this winter but just looking to get through this summer with good power, may take rods up and get them fitted if Jamie is up for  it.

As posted a while ago I have a spare bottom end with all the parts to upgrade most of the block but that's still sitting in me shed, More time and money and it will be ready for next winter to get it in the car along with some more parts purchased this summer.

300bhp should see it through summer on stock internals but I bet I regret saying that...  :lipsrsealed:
waste of time fitting that big turbo to be happy with 300bhp  :whistle: