Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2741328 times)

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11250 on: 09 April 2021, 22:28 »
That’s a very nice looking motor,is it lowered?
If so,what have you done?-springs,shocks etc.

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11251 on: 10 April 2021, 13:19 »
That’s a very nice looking motor,is it lowered?
If so,what have you done?-springs,shocks etc.

thank you for the comments. It's sitting on KW V3 Coilovers and with some rear 10mm H&R spacers. I'll be honest, i don't know the actual height measurement as i left that to the garage that installed it to sort out the stance. I am yet to have a measure up
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline My other womans a vw.

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11252 on: 10 April 2021, 13:42 »
Thought it looked low-I think it looks great,has it made a big difference to the ride-comfort wise?

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11253 on: 10 April 2021, 13:46 »
Thought it looked low-I think it looks great,has it made a big difference to the ride-comfort wise?

much improved, mine is DCC also but has the delete kit on. I am putting on few other little mounts/polybush stuff soon then gonna have it set up even more see if can improve. but at the moment, it's great
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11254 on: 11 April 2021, 19:26 »
Spent 2 1/2 hours on car this afternoon. Snow foam wash, rinse and dry. De-tar, clay bar. Then snow foam wash, rinse and dry again followed by polish and ceramic spray. Quite proud of the result.

Even more pleased with the result after we had sudden hail stones, snow then rain 30 mins ago! Looked outside at my car and it’s nine dry and spotless, wife car different story! I have to say I’m quite impressed with the Autoglym products and especially the ceramic spray! It looks like I have had a massive umbrella over my car and dried off as soon as it stopped getting wet!

One major, MAJOR FLAW!! Wife said “Oh thanks! Look at the state of my car! When are you going to do it like yours?!” 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11255 on: 11 April 2021, 19:47 »
Spent 2 1/2 hours on car this afternoon. Snow foam wash, rinse and dry. De-tar, clay bar. Then snow foam wash, rinse and dry again followed by polish and ceramic spray. Quite proud of the result.

Even more pleased with the result after we had sudden hail stones, snow then rain 30 mins ago! Looked outside at my car and it’s nine dry and spotless, wife car different story! I have to say I’m quite impressed with the Autoglym products and especially the ceramic spray! It looks like I have had a massive umbrella over my car and dried off as soon as it stopped getting wet!

One major, MAJOR FLAW!! Wife said “Oh thanks! Look at the state of my car! When are you going to do it like yours?!” 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

if you're good you might get a bit of apple crumble as a reward for cleaning her car  :wink: Should try a bit of Polish Angel Rapidwaxx next time you're in the market for a new quick detailer, you won't regret it.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11256 on: 11 April 2021, 20:32 »

if you're good you might get a bit of apple crumble as a reward for cleaning her car  :wink: Should try a bit of Polish Angel Rapidwaxx next time you're in the market for a new quick detailer, you won't regret it.

Funny that, she was going to make one but I couldn’t be arsed to wait so went out and got apple pie instead 🤣

Ok I’ll give it a look. Thanks
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline MrJollygood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11257 on: 11 April 2021, 21:10 »
Well I spend yesterday repairing a little mishap on one of my wheels.  £70 a pop for a replacement BBS CH-R wheel protector but I'm quite impressed with how it deflected the damage from the rim, most damage is behind the protector and not visible...

Hi- what colour CH-R's are these? Are they the satin titanium?
« Last Edit: 11 April 2021, 22:47 by MrJollygood »
2013 Golf GTI (PP) Tornado Red
1959 Triumph TR3A
2014 Porsche Cayman S

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11258 on: 12 April 2021, 10:00 »
Hi- what colour CH-R's are these? Are they the satin titanium?

Those are Hyper silver, just with a bit of dirt on them. Always look good.

Satin Titanium is a light satin grey.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11259 on: 12 April 2021, 20:32 »
Yep, dirty silver with some genuine red BBS centre caps.  I had seen anthracite ones on a limestone grey car and they really don't contrast enough with the colour.  Also, personal opinion with black wheels is that they look okay close up, but not so good from afar as you can't see the detail.

A friend has opened up a valet business close to me, really need to take advantage and get it cleaned up now that the weather is getting better!

Just realised that I'm posting on the what have you done to your car today thread without having done anything...  This one is from the weekend, but I managed to score a set of genuine VW roofbars on eBay for less than half the price of a new set.

2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1