Author Topic: Door mirror, the painted cover, how do you remove it and refit it?  (Read 25189 times)

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
Great tips, cheers Mike. Going to try myslef and hope not to break the glass  :tongue:

Good luck on that, i've just broke the passenger side glass trying to remove it.  :sick:
The drivers side popped out quite easy but the passenger side didn't want to budge.

Let's see how much VW want for a new one tomorrow. :sad:

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Great tips, cheers Mike. Going to try myslef and hope not to break the glass  :tongue:

Good luck on that, i've just broke the passenger side glass trying to remove it.  :sick:
The drivers side popped out quite easy but the passenger side didn't want to budge.

Exactly the same happened to me! Did you get the LED puddle lights? Passenger side one much harder to remove for some reason. The glass cost me about 45 euro from VW... I'd expect something like £35-£40 over there. Not cheap!

I saw them much cheaper on eBay but I just wanted it sorted ASAP and I wasn't sure about the quality of the eBay ones. The VW one comes with the backing plastic stuck on but I think a lot of the eBay ones don't and you have to stick on the old plastic backing yourself.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time

Exactly the same happened to me! Did you get the LED puddle lights? Passenger side one much harder to remove for some reason. The glass cost me about 45 euro from VW... I'd expect something like £35-£40 over there. Not cheap!

I saw them much cheaper on eBay but I just wanted it sorted ASAP and I wasn't sure about the quality of the eBay ones. The VW one comes with the backing plastic stuck on but I think a lot of the eBay ones don't and you have to stick on the old plastic backing yourself.
I broke the Mirror Glass and the indicator plastic.  The Mirror cost £33.65 +VAT.  The Indictor cost £21.15 +Vat.  Total £65.76.  I initally order the ebay ones but they arrived and are not the same and dont fit.  They are going back....
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here

Yes Joe, got the LED bulb's you recommended.
Picked the replacement glass up today, £30+vat  :sick:

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2