Author Topic: My new project - Mk2 Gti  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Ozz

• I live here
My new project - Mk2 Gti
« on: 14 September 2012, 12:31 »
Hi guys, after being absent from the scene for a good while now I have finally been bitten by the bug again, so went out and bought me a '90 Mk2 Gti (left-hooker as I'm now living in France!).

Here she is:

So far all I've done is put a quick lick of paint on the grill, replaced the radio wiring (which the previous owner had thoughtfully chopped of somewhere around the fuse box!  :shocked: ) and cleaned up the leccy window motors so they go up and down again  :smiley:

Lots of jobs planned as she is not nearly as tidy as I'd like, next step will be to fit an alarm tho as the insurance company over here will only insure me third party (not fire and theft) due to the age of the vehicle, so if someone nabs her I'll be buggered! Going to replace the hydraulic central locking with electric units at the same time, along with a boot pop (as I broke the latch!) rigged up on the transponder key. Once that's done I'm planning on smoothing off the boot, which will probably lead to smoothing off the whole car!

Obviously will be replacing the alloys when budget permits, and fitting coilies in place of the budget lowering springs shes on atm! Gonna take a lot of work to get the paintwork sorted as shes obviously been resprayed by a monkey and has some major orange peel! Still she only has about 100k on the clock and should be pretty by the time I'm done with her!
Mk2 Gti 8v

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
Re: My new project - Mk2 Gti
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2012, 14:37 »
looks a clean enough shell rust wise though which is always a good start! dont be smoothing the boot though :(

Offline Ozz

• I live here
Re: My new project - Mk2 Gti
« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2012, 16:27 »
Should clarify I dont plan to smooth over the whole boot, just the plinth! Boot lid looks too empty if you ged rid of the plate imo.
Mk2 Gti 8v