Author Topic: carlos85 - white 8v GTI  (Read 3152 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
carlos85 - white 8v GTI
« on: 22 March 2009, 21:59 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline carlos85

• Here all the time
Re: carlos85 - white 8v GTI
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2009, 00:12 »
This is my first post, so bare with me  :smiley:. I got the golf at the start of February, but was unable to use it as it needed a core plug fitting. It's a 1989 GTi 8v, unsure on the millage as it's been fitted with mk3 clocks. I paid £300 for the car, which isn't bad really. I've been told it's been fitted with a stage two race cam, but i don't know if this is true. It also came fitted with ATS Cups that need a refub & polish as they have been spray. I think the car has also been fitted with 40mm lowering springs and on a quick check it has a 4-2-1 manifold. Some one has been very busy with a spray can as everything is covered in over spray.

The car needs a really good clean and some TLC. Some bits are missing from the car like a parcel shelf, door pockets etc so i'm hoping to get them sorted out in time. I've got loads of bits that are going to be fitted to the car. Anyway here are two pictures that i've taken when i picked it up

I gave the car it's first wash in some moths by the look of the dirt on it

I took the car an MOT on Thursday as it hadn't had an MOT on it for 12 months. It failed first time on offside headlight, wipers/jets and fog light. Got the car home and after a quick mess with the fuse box we had them working, so back to the test centre and they passed the car :) So after that work could start on the car. The first thing i did was to strip the interior of the car out as it's full of dog hair and it smells. I've cleaned the seats & carpets once, but i'm going to do them again. I cleaned the interior down today, but that will need doing again as it's was just full of dirt.
« Last Edit: 23 March 2009, 01:10 by carlos85 »