Author Topic: my scirocco gt2 ( soon to be a valver )  (Read 59086 times)

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
Re: my scirocco gt2
« Reply #20 on: 19 April 2011, 17:49 »
thanks for the feedback everyone and sam rubbish doesn't describe my brakes they need allot of attention....

and chris u guess rite and it is the gt2 and allready has the webber carb upgrade ( no sales for u sam :) ) and cheap insurance pah its cheap compared to the gtx and scala but its still round £2000 in all i have to pay....

i have some coilovers i have an eye on and the wheels are going soon as i am borrowing some bbs of martin untill i have more moneys....

hoping to have some tax at the end of the month so i may be at the next bcd meet if all goes well and i will speek to ash then thanks all :)

if in doubt go flat out

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #21 on: 19 April 2011, 19:07 »

and chris u guess rite and it is the gt2 and allready has the webber carb upgrade ( no sales for u sam :) ) and cheap insurance pah its cheap compared to the gtx and scala but its still round £2000 in all i have to pay....

my GT2 on webber carb was as quick as my old mk2 8v GTI digi  :smiley:

You must be a young'un if you're insurance is that high!  :laugh:

Other than a drop and some nice wheels, I like roccos with a single pair of lamps (and matching badgeless grill), tinted or clear indicators, and tinted rear lights. I see the front fogs have already been removed :afro:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 19 April 2011, 21:56 »

Other than a drop and some nice wheels, I like roccos with a single pair of lamps (and matching badgeless grill), tinted or clear indicators, and tinted rear lights. I see the front fogs have already been removed :afro:

yer i am only 20 and havn't been driving a full year yet so that explains the insurance...

and i was planning on removing the front fogs but then when it came to piking it up the fogs dint come with the car so that saved me a job....

i've got some coilies i'm picking up on friday fingers crossed and the wheels are going as soon as . fox racing wheels on a rocco is just not cool but they have good tyres for mot time atleast....

i took it for a little spin when i got it home and it pulls really well from low revs but couldn't open it up properly in my estate :(

if in doubt go flat out

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 19 April 2011, 22:04 »

yer i am only 20 and havn't been driving a full year yet so that explains the insurance...

and i was planning on removing the front fogs but then when it came to piking it up the fogs dint come with the car so that saved me a job....

i've got some coilies i'm picking up on friday fingers crossed and the wheels are going as soon as . fox racing wheels on a rocco is just not cool but they have good tyres for mot time atleast....

i took it for a little spin when i got it home and it pulls really well from low revs but couldn't open it up properly in my estate :(

they open up really well past 4k rpm  :smiley:

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 19 April 2011, 22:10 »
i will have to take your word for that and i will let u know how it goes when i'm insured and have brakes as i see them being quite important atm

if in doubt go flat out

Offline ash-lough

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 20 April 2011, 09:22 »
Looking good Ian - like the others said, coilies and new alloys and you will be good! Got any questions just ask!

I can get you a WEBBER if you need one ian for very cheap. Now... coilovers and wheels. Bish bash bosh job done. There are a few little jobs that you are 'meant' to do to rocco's straight away. Ask Ash cos I think he has done most of them. For a start the rocco wipers are the most horrendous creations ever, swap to bosch aeros and your laughing. They also have the classic headlight problem which will be fixed with new loom. Check where the clutch cable goes though the bulkhead as this is prone to rust and bend when the clutch is pressed in and the brakes are hyper wank.

Just like a mk1 golf.  :lipsrsealed:

It is effectively a MK1 golf, a lot of the parts are from the mk1 and need modifying just enough to be annoying!

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 21 April 2011, 21:25 »
chers ash and i'm sure i'll be picking ur brains at some point and asking some questions...

are u at the next bcd meet as i will hopefully be there maybe in the rocco aswell :)

if in doubt go flat out

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 23 April 2011, 23:15 »
little update for today..

got myself some coilovers for the rocco so started on that today and got them all fitted and lowerd allot on the front :) but the back is still sitting quite high buts its all on and fitted.... 

next job is to get the back end lowered and then properly sort the camber and get the stance nice and evenly set up from side to side and then get the back sorted....

pics tomorrow as was pissing down with rain when i finished up today

if in doubt go flat out

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
Re: my scirocco gt2 coilovers fitted with pics
« Reply #28 on: 24 April 2011, 10:25 »
as promised some pictures with the coilovers fitted..

next job level the front end out then lower the rears and get the wavy bumper sorted

if in doubt go flat out

Offline cняis

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 24 April 2011, 11:47 »
I like!

Oh and loving the doggy!  :cool: