Author Topic: My Rado(s) thread....  (Read 26760 times)

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: My Rado.....new rims!
« Reply #100 on: 12 February 2008, 17:18 »
they look spot on!!
:)

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #101 on: 12 February 2008, 19:38 »
Nice wheels martin. :afro: Even better than D90s for me. :wink: Full face style wheels are the new BBS RS thingy bobs ! :grin:
......now officially dubless.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #102 on: 12 February 2008, 19:59 »
blingin' banana. i like it :cool:

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #103 on: 13 February 2008, 18:55 »
New wheels look great martin, nice one  :cool:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #104 on: 19 February 2008, 20:14 »
cheers for all the comments, still well chuffed with the wheels.......just not so chuffed with the car itself right now  :angry:

I spent all day today getting it prepped for the mot.....fitted other rear caliper (which took so long because they gave one for the wrong side but in the correct box so i didnt notice til it was in bits and was stranded until they sent a van out with the correct one  :angry:), new drivers door handle (which i collected monday night after an hours drive each way in thick fog!) etc then driving home from my mates where the caliper was done the water warning light came on. Checked under the bonnet and the water pipe that goes from the right hand side of the block to the heater bypass valve (feed for the heater matrix i think) has split! Apparantly its an obsolete part which is no longer available from vw so another day off work tomorrow going to breakers etc to try and get one!!  :angry:, anyone know if they are the same as on a mk2 16v as its the same engine?

Then mot on friday....it had better bl**dy pass!!!!!!!!!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #105 on: 19 February 2008, 20:17 »
That looks awesome Martin!

Especially in that side on shot, maybe you should get the black strip down the side removed.

Nice work though.

cheers mate, nah i like the black strip and anyway if i took it of i would probably be left with a stripe in a slightly different shade of yellow cos although (bar the mirrors) it does not look that faded the yellow fades almost as bad as the red ones for fading!  :smiley:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #106 on: 23 February 2008, 20:09 »
cheers for all the comments, still well chuffed with the wheels.......just not so chuffed with the car itself right now  :angry:

I spent all day today getting it prepped for the mot.....fitted other rear caliper (which took so long because they gave one for the wrong side but in the correct box so i didnt notice til it was in bits and was stranded until they sent a van out with the correct one  :angry:), new drivers door handle (which i collected monday night after an hours drive each way in thick fog!) etc then driving home from my mates where the caliper was done the water warning light came on. Checked under the bonnet and the water pipe that goes from the right hand side of the block to the heater bypass valve (feed for the heater matrix i think) has split! Apparantly its an obsolete part which is no longer available from vw so another day off work tomorrow going to breakers etc to try and get one!!  :angry:, anyone know if they are the same as on a mk2 16v as its the same engine?

Then mot on friday....it had better bl**dy pass!!!!!!!!!

WOOO, passed the MOT, only advise was rear suspension bushes!  :grin:

Also took a trip to Stevens VW breakers (coulda spent hours poking around the parts/cars breaking there, very helpfull too!  :cool:) today to get the split pipe i needed to fix the water leak, gave the guy a couple of extra quid to leave the heater bypass valve on the pipe i was buying and then changed the pipe and heater bypass valve for the ones on mine and have not only fixed the water leak but have nice toasty working heaters again for the first time in about 2 years!!!!  :cool: (only regret not having done it sooner rather than freezing my @rse off for all that time!!  :angry: :laugh:).

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: My Rado.....a few new pics
« Reply #107 on: 29 March 2008, 00:13 »
got a few new pics:

no real updates other than fast approaching 190,000 miles now oh and the drivers side leccy window has packed up (why cant everything just all work for once...soon as you fix one thing something else breaks!  :angry:).

Not much more i wanna do to it now, happy with the way it looks although still plan to have a go at tinting the rear lights, probably all red but got a spare set to experiment on....then start trying to make it go faster....... :cool:

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
Re: My Rado.....updated pics
« Reply #108 on: 29 March 2008, 00:15 »
still loving the porsche wheels martin  :cool:

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: My Rado.....updated pics
« Reply #109 on: 29 March 2008, 00:24 »
me too geez, bugger to keep clean though....looking into having to get a set of winter wheels, cheap teledials or d90's or summat as cannot be @rsed to keep takin the adaptors on and off!  :smiley:

Anything else that will go on the same adaptors?  :huh: