Author Topic: New R logo announced  (Read 3337 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
New R logo announced
« on: 07 October 2019, 11:12 »

"The new R logo symbolises the performance brand’s fresh start. It is more modern, distinct and sleek: Reduced to its essential components, it can be used for various purposes, remaining particularly suitable for digital media. The new logo was developed at the Volkswagen Design Center. The team surrounding Klaus Bischoff developed the new R logo together with Technical Development and the Volkswagen R Marketing team.

The new company logo is characterized by the pristine line width and a clearly horizontal arrangement featuring dynamic curves. Moreover, the prominent diagonal line serves as a stark contrast, thus underscoring the brand’s overall progressiveness. The elongated R creates a broader, more powerful impression and defines Volkswagen’s commitment to performance and exclusivity."

There you have it.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: New R logo announced
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2019, 21:28 »
Wow!

I like it :cool:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2019, 21:51 »

The new company logo is characterized by the pristine line width and a clearly horizontal arrangement featuring dynamic curves. Moreover, the prominent diagonal line serves as a stark contrast, thus underscoring the brand’s overall progressiveness. The elongated R creates a broader, more powerful impression and defines Volkswagen’s commitment to performance and exclusivity."

Those were the exact words that sprung to mind as soon as I saw the pics.

Either that or “the R looks a bit broken”

One of those.

But pics! There are pics!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2019, 19:04 »
Not sure, I like the gloss black bit but it doesn't look like an R to me?   :undecided:

Will the R Line keep the current logo?
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 09 October 2019, 06:25 »
Just imagine how many meetings that took...