Author Topic: Your opinions please  (Read 511 times)

Offline SYFYHIFI

• Just got here
Your opinions please
« on: 03 July 2011, 12:03 »
Sorry for the long post but,

I have a question and I will explain why.

Do you think anyone would upgrade the suspension all the way round a car and leave one shock unreplaced?

The reason I am asking is.

I bought a Mk4 1.8T GTI in early May from a local dealer.
Its a lovely car in very good condition and it has been well looked after by its two previous owners
I have never had a car before that you would consider a "good Car" so i'm proud of it and want to keep it the way it is.

Two things are bugging me though!

The car has had a lot of money spent on suspension upgrades, it has Koni shocks and a neo speed roll bar and new springs.
all round appart from drivers rear where the shock is old and rusty!!!
There is also a bit of a lean to the drivers side (rear) and the arch is a lttle nearer to the wheel.
Im sure but not 100% and I have no evidence to back me up that all the shocks were new when I looked at the car.

Something I do know however is.

When I first looked at the car I noticed it a short stubby ariel.
Having never seen one like that before the first thing I did when I got in the car was pop the radio on to check it and it worked fine.

I did the deal and agreed for the cam belt to be repaired before I picked it up.

The cam belt was repaired at another garage an mot was put on and then a tyre was repaired at a local tyre centre.

The day I picked the car up the missus got in the car and put the radio on and it didnt work. The ariel had been changed to a standard one.

I complained to the garage owner who shrugged his shoulders looked at me like I was a nutter and said there was nothing he could do.

I have told the dealer today that I think someone is stealing parts from his cars. I assured him I didnt think it was anyone who works there and that its somewhere he is sending the cars.

He still thinks Im a nutter!!

I know there is nothing I can do as I have no proof but it has bugged me to death

Am I a nutter or is my frustration justified???

I appreciate I may have to change the dodgy shock as it may be dangerous.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Offline Ant1981

• I live here
  • Feed me, prod me
Re: Your opinions please
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2011, 12:14 »
Well you've tried talking to the dealer with no luck. The most you can do now is complain to some motoring watchdog and hope for the best. Dealers are sharks, which is why I always go looking around the car once more before the final deal is done, something I've learnt from my own mistakes in the past.
80% of your posts are total tripe, as they are mostly replies to sh1te posts created by the morons that, unfortunately this forum attracts.

'02 VW Golf 1.8 GTi Turbo - 186,000 miles
'09 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
1990 VW Golf GTi 16V - Gone but not forgotten
Currently considering next car