Author Topic: Paint on wing to a-pillar edge + door post  (Read 19659 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Can owners with camera phones or cameras please post pics to help me see what yours is like.
Thank you
« Last Edit: 11 September 2010, 11:39 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
bump.   :sad:

you got my pics in other post Geoff  :wink:
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline GTD-Smurf

• Not said much yet
Just had a Quick look at my GTD Carbon Grey No sign of any primer on A pillars, Boot area is Dark Grey Primer finish, inside Doors were Hinges are partley sprayed body colour more dark primer showing  than body colour paint, under wheel arches Behind plastic Liner is also primer coloured Guess these items are down to cost cutting ?? or Have i got a Duff one aswell  :angry:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
1) The main concern i have is the wing to a-pillar. the top edge of the wings.
Theres a lip of a few milimeteres at the top of the wing. The inner couple of mm of this lip of the wing that im most interested in. You have to look down onto it rather than straight at it. As it curves down alittle.

It seems that for the first mm or so its body coloured then the last mm or so, or in my cars case ~2mm its like a grey speckled grey? This ratio varies from car to car or in my case wing to wing!

This photo below is of my passenger side one and its got far more blue on than the drivers side.

2) the back of the front wings rather than the hinges/door. The rear of the front wings basically on the ribbed bits (you can see them as you open the door a little just before its first catch either inside of the car or like my photos better from the outside looking down toward it from the other side of the door.
Or by looking through the panel gap from the outside with the door shut at the rear of the wing.

The main concern i have is the wing a-pillar ones the lip inner lip edge of the a-pillars that im most interested in. You have to look down onto it rather than straight at it too see some of them. This panel gap varies wildly between cars too so some you can see better than others.

The question i need answering is of all the ones i have seen so far have i just been unluckie and seen duff ones or is whats on my car normal?
« Last Edit: 05 April 2010, 19:04 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Just had a look at my courtesy Golf Plus whilst outside playing with Vagcom!  I took photos, but because its black its impossible to see on my camera phone.
My A-pillar has black paint curving round, then about 2mm inside is rough looking primer.  Its pretty tricky to see.

I had a look in my boot floor too... it is all gold primer.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Thanks.
Peeps so the + is the same too  :cry:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline p3eps

• I live here
Thanks.
Peeps so the + is the same too  :cry:

Yep... its a general Golf thing by the look of it.  You'll need to find a Passat / Polo / Toureg or something in the street and have a lookie!!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
I wish i had bought my car local as i would be interested to here what a dealer has to say.  :sad:

For a product thats marketed as prestige, superior with a premium price  :undecided:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Saint Steve

• I live here
I have a pink Boot floor in the boot of my Mk5.