Author Topic: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!  (Read 14542 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Happy Christmas to me! - MY19 content arrived!
« Reply #20 on: 06 January 2019, 13:20 »
Looks pretty damned awesome!!
You must be delighted with it :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 06 January 2019, 13:40 »
You’ll do well to get anything out of them, given that you didn’t expect the option when you signed the contract. Great looking car, congrats.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 06 January 2019, 14:52 »
You’ll do well to get anything out of them, given that you didn’t expect the option when you signed the contract. Great looking car, congrats.
I hear what you’re saying but my original order was cancelled by me so that contract was null & void, as was, or so I thought, the car. The new contract I signed before Christmas (when I went to see it and took the pics in my OP) was for a confirmed MY19 car for which the options should be on it.

When I turned up this morning they had put the other GTI’s in their showroom and I saw them labelled up as MY19 on the plinths, so I’ve asked the question if they have the camera/options also missing...

Fingers crossed the dealer/VW plays ball, because I had it in writing that it’s a MY19 car.  :huh:

Thanks for the congrats, I’m really chuffed with the colour combo and how the red contrasts through the car.  :cool:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 January 2019, 15:00 »
Ah, ok. In that case they should do something. Will be interesting.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 06 January 2019, 16:16 »
Car looks great. Lovely colour. I would expect some kind of compensation of those options were fitted as they’ve become standard. If it’s standard you expect the car to have it in the right model year. End of.

What do you think of the pan roof?
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 06 January 2019, 19:23 »
Ah, ok. In that case they should do something. Will be interesting.
I received an email late this afternoon from my dealer saying they are now looking into the "best possible solution" for me. Which sounds promising, fingers crossed!  :smiley:

To be honest the dealership were spot-on with everything, very open and honest, a total pleasure to deal with on all aspects, so I don't doubt they will do something to make-up for this. Hopefully that's not famous last words!

What do you think of the pan roof?
Looks great from the outside (when open or closed), it's just a shame the actual opening (hole in the roof) on the inside is pretty much the same size of a normal sunroof. Coming from a Range Rover Sport which literally had a full panoramic glass roof, I think Volkswagen's use of the word "panoramic" is a bit misleading, it does however give the cabin some extra light so I'm sure it'll get lots of use in the summer, as it did this morning when driving home on the sunny crisp day.

As for some of the other options I went for, my first limited impressions...

Dynaudio - I've said it before on here, but I think this is an absolute no brainer for anybody who likes music and/or spends significant periods of time in the car. The difference between this and the standard system is complete night and day. I like the fact you can adjust the bass separately from the subwoofer, giving you four elements on the equaliser (Treble, Mid, Bass, Sub). I spent an hour this afternoon tweaking and setting it up to my taste and I'm very happy, it's punchy with great mids and crystal clear vocals. Well worth the money. Could it be more powerful than 400watts? Yes, but it's still really good system.

DCC - Brilliant, exactly what I had hoped for, but probably not for the reason most would spec it. Whilst I suspect most would spec DCC for it's sporty ability, I specced it mainly for the "comfort" setting I can switch the dampers into. Amongst the a/b-road basting, I mainly do two types of trips, short(ish) trips around London's pot-hole and speed bump laden roads, plus I also do 2x 400 mile round trip motorway journeys each month. Even switching between "normal" and "comfort" is drastically noticeable. Very happy with that choice.

Brescias - I was a bit worried I should have stuck with the Parkers, but the looks overruled my head and thankfully the DCC has eliminated any worry I had in that dept. I think they look fantastic, even if they are not bi-directional (drives my OCD mad!). They've come shod in P-Zero's, time will tell how they wear.

Leather - A big worry is this one is for me, I know VW leather can look very bad in a short space of time so I ummmed & aaaahed long & hard about getting it. But with two young kids (5 &2), the wipable need is high, plus you can only have the electric seats with leather, so I'm sending it off to my detailer for maximum protection to try and preserve the longevity. As it stands today I think it looks epic, and gives the cabin a real touch of class. The red piping and stripe detailing compliments the external red and internal dash red well.

Electric memory seats - specced purely for the 4 way electric lumbar support becasue I just couldn't get comfortable in a seat with manual lumbar. I test drove a non DCC car on brescias and after 25mins my back ached badly, specifically in the area where the manual lumbar support was, so I put it down to my height. This meant the Leccy seats were a must for me. So far so good, but the test will be the first long motorway journey.

More thoughts, for those of you interested (and still awake!) as I get to know the car.  :smiley:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 06 January 2019, 23:04 »
Had some similar thoughts when I ordered
The brescias do look great - particularly as they show the red calipers better- i was worried it would wreck ride, and couldn’t afford dcc.
My kids bit older, and my no eating/drinking/ breathing policy should keep seats in good condition.
Besides, i’d have paid extra for tartan.
Haven’t been this excited about a car since a 205 gti i had 22 years ago.
Enjoy

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #27 on: 07 January 2019, 09:29 »
as it's a MY19, it has Keyless as standard, and my dealer assumed it also had the Lane Assist, Dynamic Light Assist and Traffic Sign recognition (which it lists on the build system that it does) as standard.

Dynamic Light Assist is not standard on MY19. Keyless, rear camera and Lane Assist are.

The confusion usually comes because you need Lane Assist to have Light Assist - it uses the same camera (as does traffic sign recognition).

If you haven't got Lane Assist options in the menus, then you haven't got any of the other things that depend on it.

Light Assist also has different headlight units, which have electronic masking...

Possible to retrofit? Yes anything is possible, likely? I'd say not. (It definitely does need authorisation coding via VW HQ  (component protect)- you can't just bolt it on and have it work). You'll get an offer of some compensation or a re-order. Although, possibly not if you hadn't paid for any of those things specifically (ie not expecting to get them as a new bundled freebie).

The rear camera, that can be fitted even by DIY, again I've never heard of a dealer doing it.

In pretty much every case like this, you hear people getting either a freebie/cheque or a re-order.

Just setting your expectations here...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 07 January 2019, 09:43 »
Dynamic Light Assist is not standard on MY19.
Yes it is.

See the last option on this page from the MY19 brochure, which shows it's standard on the performance (see the 9 note). It's all controlled as you say via the camera which is fitted for this (the camera which is missing on my car)...

Just to clear up any ambiguity, I have the rear camera and keyless, it's just the camera (and subsequent three options in the pack) that are missing. My car is defo a MY19 as it shows all the things on the car's 'standard' column in the build list, plus it is also 140 g/km which is the new MY19 rated engine rather than the previous 144 g/km.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2019, 09:54 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 January 2019, 10:17 »
Just so you are aware, this is what the front camera assembly looks like in my 2018 GTI fitted with DLA (also with traffic sign recognition, side assist and rear assist).

« Last Edit: 07 January 2019, 10:19 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras