Author Topic: Building a false floor  (Read 10529 times)

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
Re: Building a false floor
« Reply #20 on: 05 January 2011, 09:41 »
My uncle will be helping me build it (he doesnt know that yet) and he has bloody every type of screw!

I will be making a build thread with plenty of pictures in here as it will be audio related, just need to get the money together to get all the materials!

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 05 January 2011, 20:43 »
what subs exactly and amp are you using?

just reading this thread over again, it looks like youre doing very similar to myself, i will also be having a hinge unit built, but only to access all my cleaning stuff hidden under the floor, and not the spare wheel, as that has come out in replace of a can of tyre weld, lol

to add, mine is being built by 2 mates who will be using my car to demo their new work of building installs, so im getting it for free  :cool:

the process is 2 boxes, an enclosed for the subs, and a 2nd, just to complete the install, obviously housing the cleaning stuff, then a false floor to finish it off trimmed in black alcantara, and my mates logo embedded within the build

is this something along the lines of your planning and designing?
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 05 January 2011, 22:11 »
Yer that sounds about the same as what I am planning - but instead of using 2 boxes I want it to be one whole unit with a hinged section big enough to get the spare wheel out, plus I may have to make space for some small cleaning gear - quick detailer and microfibres!

I am using the subs from my FLI trap as the subs are more than enough until I can afford some vibe ones! Also for the time being I will use the amp that it came with as I still need to save up for the vibe monoblock (unless you can suggest another one)

If your mate wants to do mine as well I can supply the parts lol!

I am still drawing up plans of what I would like it to look like - I have the image in my head but cant get it onto the paper properly!

Offline viewtech

• Just got here
« Reply #23 on: 06 January 2011, 06:14 »
it can be very interesting~ :laugh:
One-Stop supplier of car A/V. car dvd player-----Viewtech
Car dvd player,auto dvd OEM manufacturer

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 07 January 2011, 11:29 »
Well after speaking with my uncle last night and telling him what i have planned he turned round and said it is possible i just need to get the materials!

Scraping the idea of the lifting part though as i am just going to carry around a can of tyre-weld as pointed out by my uncle you cant fit a jack under my car to change the wheel anyway!

So the plans are in motion just need to talk sweetly to my mate and see if she can sort out some good deals of audio stuff!

Plan is to fit my 2 x 12" FLI's, then once i have the money swap them out for a pair of vibes  :smiley:

We are also thinking of a trick think to do with the rear section but that is going to be hush-hush until closer to the time!

What amp do people recommend?

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #25 on: 07 January 2011, 13:03 »
Glad you scrapping the lifting part! Speakers are best kept as solid as possible.  :wink:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 January 2011, 13:21 »
The box for the subs will be sealed anyway and the rear section will a seperate box!

I am drawing plans this weekend and will see what you think to them

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2011, 23:41 »
its best the subs have their own box space, and not sharing it with lose items in a compartment

whilst youve got your interior stripped out, dynomat everywhere to stiffen the panels, doors, tailgate, floor, etc

to add actually, and this is the bit i have no idea on, so im guessing someone on here will, im assuming your subs will be in 1 box, so you might need to work out the size of the box needed for maximum quality and getting the best from them, its usually in the tuning of the box

what ever subs you go for next, look at dual voice coils imo

with all this in mind, and hopefully someone can ellaberate on it, it should sound sweet
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline N900 MJT

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 19 January 2011, 11:47 »
Ok so new plans have been drawn up for the rear end build! hopefully start it this weekend!

Any advice on which amps to run the subs from?

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #29 on: 19 January 2011, 12:50 »
Just get on with it!  :grin:

Amps = get best you can afford, simples!
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk