Author Topic: How To Replace Bushes Guide  (Read 6652 times)

Offline jnufcuk

• I live here
  • Mk4 1.8T, Mk3 VR6 gone AUDI A1 Gone, Back in GTI
How To Replace Bushes Guide
« on: 25 November 2011, 14:17 »
Found this guide in this months golf+ magazine. Thought i would post up the pics as im sure it will come in handy.

Mods if you think golf+ etc will get a but upset at taking their pics then i dont mind if you take it down dont want this forum getting in trouble :afro:

See here for OEM bushes upgrade and part numbers http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/167165.aspx

The writer of this guide and GolfGTI.co.uk accept no responsibility of damage to your car when using this guide. Use at your own risk.

« Last Edit: 25 November 2011, 17:16 by richw911 »
Add me on twitter: @stacky789 Instagram: JBOY_9

Audi A1 Gone ;( VR6 Gone ;( Back in my old mk4 GTI :D

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
Re: How To Replace Bushes Guide
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2011, 15:43 »
Good find mate. Will no doubt need this one time soon!

jamie16v

« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2011, 16:35 »
christ all mighty, that car is rusty underneath  :tongue:

Offline wessexgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2011, 22:12 »
about £170 for all the bushes listed (minus the dog bone mount which ive had done) + labour @£42 a hour =  :sick:

but i really need them doing as she handle's like a shopping trolley on the faster/tighter parts of my trip up n down the A303.

any preferance on which would be best to do first or just bit the bullet n do em all?

my 1st month of getting 'golf+' on subscription n it had this guide in it-timing eh?

and i want a 008p  :undecided:

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2011, 22:18 »
Rear axle ones are a pain.  Probably easier to whip the carriers off with the caliper and do it on the bench.  Certainly not a easy task with the car on the drive with no burning gear and having only a G-Clamp to try push a new bush in there.

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

jamie16v

« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2011, 19:17 »
no burning gear needed... i did mine on with the axle on the car.. i used an SDS hammer chisel and they flew out! i made my own puller with threaded rod and box section to pull the new ones in!