Author Topic: PD engine?  (Read 3192 times)

Offline nadlad

• I live here
  • Building Surveyor MRICS
PD engine?
« on: 05 February 2006, 15:17 »
hi i got apparently a tdi PD what is the PD and is it meant to be good or bad?

also gettign 560 miles full tank 50/50 urban motorway is that avergae for a tdi se cheers

thanks

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: PD engine?
« Reply #1 on: 05 February 2006, 16:40 »
PD = Pumpe Duse

From the Volkswagen website :

Pumpe Düse - which means 'pump injector' - overcomes the problem of pressure lost through fuel pipes.  The injector and pump are integrated into a single Pumpe Düse unit.  Each cylinder has its own Pumpe Düse unit mounted in the cylinder head and operated by the camshaft, injecting fuel directly into the combustion chamber at pressures up to 30,000psi.  These high pressures produce a far more efficient blending of the fuel/air mix, precise control of fuel quantities and injection timings.

Benefits of Pumpe Düse include good fuel economy, reduced exhaust emissions, and substantially increased performance with more torque than traditional injection systems.  And the Pumpe Düse engine is relatively quiet in operation, with noise levels similar to those of a petrol engine.

Pumpe Düse technology is exclusive to the Volkswagen group.
 :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

560 miles to a tank is very good going indeed I reckon  :smiley:

Offline JonnoGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2006, 12:41 »
I got a pd 130......To get 560 miles is awesome. I do smaller trips, not much motorway, so thats why I get 470miles to a tank and you get 560...........Ill have to drive on motorways till the tank turns empty, I live close to Cardiff so I should be able to get to somewhere in north Scotland lol, on second thoughts dont think I'll bother. nothing agains Scotland tho!

Offline paulm007

• Here all the time
  • On my orders, release Hell
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2006, 13:19 »
560 from a tank, what are you a woman!! :rolleyes:

Put your foot down my son, thats what the torque is for!  I regularly get 45 - 50 mpg out of my GT TDI 130 as I have a lead right foot! :wink:

53 GT TDI 130 - Sold
07 GTI Ed30, 3dr, Black pearl now sold! :(

Offline nadlad

• I live here
  • Building Surveyor MRICS
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2006, 13:40 »
whats torque?

<<<Big Build Thread>>>

Offline JonnoGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2006, 15:46 »
lol "put ur foot down" its true tho, u never get less than 40mpg.........I average about 45mpg with the way i drive and i enjoy reguarly thrashing it. Shame the power dies down after 3500 revs tho.........

Offline BottleJam

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 19 April 2006, 18:12 »
i tell ya, it's great, i had a 10 valve 2.3 v5 and averaged about 23mpg (cos i didn't drive economically) and now i can belt round everywhere and now i have a gti pd150 i get between 40 - 55 mpg depending on if the wife is in the car.. lol.. long live the mighty oil burner!!!!