Author Topic: Autoglass/windscreen replacement  (Read 3975 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: Autoglass/windscreen replacement
« Reply #20 on: 18 September 2020, 20:10 »
I had my climate screen replaced on Tuesday by Autoglass, I was a little worried by some of the reviews but they did a perfect job. Took the tech an hour to fit, no damage to the car. The glass they put in is the same make but without the VW sign, I can't tell any difference. Not rained yet so it may leak.... but I'm hopeful  :laugh:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline funboxster

• Not said much yet
Re: Autoglass/windscreen replacement
« Reply #21 on: 19 October 2020, 12:48 »
Hi there
My 7.5 TCR is booked in for a new screen with AG on Friday, as my insurer's preferred(best commission!) fitter.
 What's peoples experiences with them?

When I booked it, the AG lady assured me their techs could reconfigure the ADAS camera if fitted, FOC. Their T&C's on the booking form suggest otherwise, and I may have to pay VW to reset. I pointed out it has climate windscreen. What's the betting the replacement hasn't.

I also note that they don't necessarily replace with OEM? Would that affect warranty?

Postscript to the above
After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing between my insurer(they wouldn't pay for OEM) AG(£390 for an OEM screen) and my local dealer (you won't get an OEM screen fitted by AG), I went quietly and the screen was replaced on Friday. Lo and behold an OEM VW logo'd screen supplied by St Gobain(exactly as was previously fitted) was installed. I did check in case they'd done a repair, but it was new, as I'd taken a picture of the previous screen's logo, and the new one's lettering was slightly different.
So really pleased for my £75 excess payment to get the same. Cameras and ADAS all are working and warranty wise, AG do provide a lifetime one whilst you own the car.
Pure White MY 2020 GTI TCR 19" Reifnitz with DCC, Pan Roof and Climate Windscreen