Author Topic: Mk7 to Mk 7.5  (Read 5137 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Mk7 to Mk 7.5
« Reply #20 on: 12 September 2020, 08:22 »
After washing the car and allowing the wheels to dry I clean the Parkers with Mr Sheen and a soft rag.

So Mr Sheen really does shine umpteen things clean :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline vapourtee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 12 September 2020, 13:16 »
Well, I've pulled the trigger and put down a deposit on this:

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/mk7-facelift-20-tsi-gti-performance-3dr-r7cdyy4

Was after a manual, 3 door Mk7.5 PP so bullseye (there's only 5 or 6 for sale with VWUK)

.....and yes, its got Parkers!  :grin: :grin: I'm sure they'll grown on me

Should be picking it up next week - Its in Wales and I'm on the sunny south coast

If anyone wants a 5 door Carbon Grey 14 Plate PP then let me know - 51k miles - will need to go by next weekend!

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 12 September 2020, 13:29 »

https://usedcars.volkswagen.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/mk7-facelift-20-tsi-gti-performance-3dr-r7cdyy4

Was after a manual, 3 door Mk7.5 PP so bullseye (there's only 5 or 6 for sale with VWUK)

.....and yes, its got Parkers!  :grin: :grin: I'm sure they'll grown on me

Should be picking it up next week - Its in Wales and I'm on the sunny south coast

If anyone wants a 5 door Carbon Grey 14 Plate PP then let me know - 51k miles - will need to go by next weekend!

Someone at work had tungsten. Always looked good.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 12 September 2020, 13:32 »
Should be good vapourtee. I have Tungsten, it's a great colour IMHO.

BTW, hopefully you weren't taken in by that list of 'fitted optional extras'. Pretty much everything listed there is standard equipment except for the metallic paint.
7.5 GTD

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 12 September 2020, 17:30 »
Do you think it would be possible for VW to list optional extras as just that and not items that are in fact standard?

Offline vapourtee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 12 September 2020, 19:32 »
Should be good vapourtee. I have Tungsten, it's a great colour IMHO.

BTW, hopefully you weren't taken in by that list of 'fitted optional extras'. Pretty much everything listed there is standard equipment except for the metallic paint.

Thanks guys. Wasn't sure about Tungsetn. I know Reflex silver, but they don't do that anymore. I was concerned that it would be too much like Limestone which isn't a favourite of mine. So I went to my local VW this afternoon to check a car with the colour - it looks great! TBH I love the carbon grey of my current PP, but our other car is Daytona Grey - cant have too much grey in the household!

Regarding extras, TBH, so long as it has the same as my current PP and had the upgraded infotainment with Android Auto/CarPlay I'd be happy. It would have been nice to have ACC/ DCC, but none are available in my price range. Not sure what else I'm missing? 19" alloys, reversing camera, Lane assist? Am not going to miss those TBH. I was brought up on late 80's and 90's hot hatches so if it has aircon that's great! My 306 Rallye didn't but that was a conscious decision.........

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #26 on: 12 September 2020, 19:59 »
Tbh the mk7.5 base spec is really top notch. There's not many of the options you can't live without. I think you'll find it a step up from the mk7 too... I know I did.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 13 September 2020, 09:10 »

!5k miles in just under 3 years old, that's a good find.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline vapourtee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 14 September 2020, 11:57 »
Thanks all - yep, the standard kit on the 7.5 PP looks pretty good and glad to hear its a step up from the 7 PP - as you'd hope!

Yep, pretty low mileage - pleased with the find!

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 14 September 2020, 13:58 »
Low mileage can be a blessing or a curse, IMO. If it has been a city car, with the inevitable crap roads, speed bumps, stop-start traffic, etc that comes with that, the wear and tear could be greater than a car with many more miles on it. Same applies if it has been a weekend toy that has only covered hard-but-fun miles.

The problem is it's practically impossible to know its real history, especially when buying from a dealer.