Author Topic: Eibach springs making car pull all over the road?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
Eibach springs making car pull all over the road?
« on: 07 September 2020, 10:12 »
Alright guys and gals, has anybody put eibach springs on their car and had issues? Especially on a clubsport without ddc? Ive fitted mine and it now pulls over white lines and trys to put you in a ditch when overtaking on the opposite camber. The steering seems to have a large dead spot right on the centre line. Just wondering if anyone has suffered from this before i remove the springs off the car. I wasn't sure if the springs not being matched to clubsport dampers as these are stiffer than normal gti shocks and the springs were designed for the standard gti stiffness could be causing it.
Thanks
Rob
Mk7 GTI Edition 40 Clubsport no. 53

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Eibach springs making car pull all over the road?
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2020, 11:06 »
Was it 4 wheel aligned properly after the springs were fitted?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2020, 11:16 »
IIRC, Eibach springs are progressive (not linear), so they will require time to 'settle'. When fitted an alignment check should have been carried out, and then an advisory to have another alignment check after x miles once the springs have settled and bedded in.

:)
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2020, 11:29 »
Its had 2 four wheel laser alignments, both resulting with the same issue. The best way to describe it is like the springs have gone soft. They've been on for 6 months but only just got around to looking at the issue. The other thing I've been looking at is wether the tyres could be a culprit. They Goodyear f1 supersports. Has any1 had issues with them?

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2020, 14:20 »
I'm running Eibach Sportlines on mine with no wandering/pulling issues at all. I'm assuming you've got the Pro-kit as the sportlines have been a bit harder to get hold of.

Lowered on 235/35R19 Goodyear Eagle Assymetric tyres on 8.5" et46 rims.

Don't know if the pro-kit are different springs (IE, linear/progressive) from the sportlines - all I know is they don't lower as much as the sportlines do.

From the alignment I had done after fitting, the only thing that wasn't bang on the centre of adjustment (for a stock car) was front camber, which was still in the green (just) but near the limits of what was acceptable on the machine. Not had any camber wear so there's not loads of negative camber on there, but there's definitely some.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2020, 14:34 »
Yeah its the pro kit, the alignments showed no issues so the only thing i could think was the springs or tyres. If i had another set of wheels i could try. But never mind. Just cant get over how bad it is. I thought id get used to it but you just cant drive it quickly down b roads because its so unpredictable.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2020, 11:18 »
That sounds more like a loose bolt somewhere from when the suspension was removed and refitted, I would recheck everything, especially underneath, hubs, track rods etc. I had the same issue years ago when i had a lower brace on a mk1 and one of the bolts come loose, every time I accerrlated it pulled to the right. Tightening the bolt cured it.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 September 2020, 15:13 »
Weirdly I have experienced a similar issue, I can't figure out when it started happening but have been suspecting the pump on the front diff is on the way out.  I'm on Eibach too.

Are you remapped? Do you have a Performance Pack diff?

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 13 September 2020, 19:37 »
Weirdly I have experienced a similar issue, I can't figure out when it started happening but have been suspecting the pump on the front diff is on the way out.  I'm on Eibach too.

Are you remapped? Do you have a Performance Pack diff?
Erm im not mapped no, but its a clubsport so has more power then a normal gti and yes it has the xds+ diff in it.

That sounds more like a loose bolt somewhere from when the suspension was removed and refitted, I would recheck everything, especially underneath, hubs, track rods etc. I had the same issue years ago when i had a lower brace on a mk1 and one of the bolts come loose, every time I accerrlated it pulled to the right. Tightening the bolt cured it.
Nothing is loose, its all been checked and triple checked.

Put it back on stock springs and its alot better. Not perfect but i think thats down to the geo setup now.