Author Topic: New Camera  (Read 1915 times)

Offline bratty

• Here all the time
New Camera
« on: 27 April 2009, 09:44 »
ive got a couple of digital cameras but there pretty dire for action shots, can some1 reccomend a good camera for me to look at, im taking pictures of moutain biking, cars etc.

has to be digital and pretty simple to use, also something i can zoom in and out quick with :)

is this any good, dont wanna spend a fortune as it could quite easily get broken when im flying down hills on me bike LOL

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FUJI-FinePix-S1000-S1000FD-DIGITAL-CAMERA-12xOPT-4GB_W0QQitemZ180341126531QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash=item180341126531&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1690%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308
« Last Edit: 27 April 2009, 09:50 by bratty »

Quote from: Conker on April 28, 2009, 00:32
OMFG. Please tell me you were banging your willy on the keyboard and these were the random words that appeared.

sharpie

Re: New Camera
« Reply #1 on: 27 April 2009, 10:15 »
that fuji will be the damage for a point and shoot. i have the s5800. if you're using it on bikes you might want something smaller though?

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #2 on: 27 April 2009, 10:21 »
The key to action photography is having a faster shutter response. Compacts are useless generally as you press the shutter button and then there is delay till the camera takes the shot by which time the thing you were trying to shoot has probably moved out of the shot.

So when looking at any camera for this do a search on the internet to find out what the "shutter lag" is like. A DSLR is best for this kind of thing but are clearly not in everyones budget.

Nick

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2009, 10:27 »
The key to action photography is having a faster shutter response. Compacts are useless generally as you press the shutter button and then there is delay till the camera takes the shot by which time the thing you were trying to shoot has probably moved out of the shot.

So when looking at any camera for this do a search on the internet to find out what the "shutter lag" is like. A DSLR is best for this kind of thing but are clearly not in everyones budget.

Nick

Don't think you can strap it to your head either? :P

There are those "action cameras" which are made specifically for things like this, not sure what they are like on quality but are made for the purpose so can't be all bad.

Offline bratty

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 27 April 2009, 10:35 »
sorry i didnt meen ill be taking pics on the bike lol, it will be in my bag and if i come of going 30mph and landing on my back a £100 camera is gonna be less of a loss than a 400 quid camera lol.

yeh i guessed the shutter speed was failing big time on my other camera ill keep looking around

reckon i can budget up to £200 so if any1 see's anything decent post up :)

Quote from: Conker on April 28, 2009, 00:32
OMFG. Please tell me you were banging your willy on the keyboard and these were the random words that appeared.