Author Topic: Hey guys/Waxamomo  (Read 1934 times)

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
  • .: Eat Me :.
Hey guys/Waxamomo
« on: 11 March 2014, 14:52 »
Just making a quick post. Waxamomo, I remember a few years ago when you first started the website! I still have the few things I bought back then!

Anyway, I'll get back to the point.

I do really enjoy cleaning my car, minus the fact I then see the extent of jealous people who keep keying it etc!!

Anyway, I need to get some new shampoo off you mate. Was wandering what other little bits an bobs any of you guys buy for washing you're car's.

I already have some dodo wax an putty.

An was wandering if you had any discounts on at the moment as I haven't bothered getting anything for cleaning my car other then from you're online store haha! Other then the odd microfiber towels lol!!

An what's the beading thread about? I've never really understood the concept  :lipsrsealed:

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: Hey guys/Waxamomo
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2014, 09:03 »
Detailing can get expensive!  Ideally you want to start with a very good base - so use 2 bucket method with grit guards to wash, clay, polish, seal (optional) and wax.

If you have any swirls then rectify them with a DA.

Maintenance is then simply going over with a quick detailer.

A decent wheel cleaner, wheel wax, trim/tyre dressing, glass cleaner and an array of microfibres and brushes will also help.

Beading just shows off your finished work.

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
  • .: Eat Me :.
« Reply #2 on: 13 March 2014, 13:00 »
I see, well I don't know much about detailing etc.

Too me, I've just always seen it as a few easy steps....

1 - Wash the car
2 - Dry the car
3 - Wax the car

Job done haha???

I've still got some of the Clay, but stupid as it makes me sound. I don't have much clue as to half the things you said lol!! But I don't have a good set of wheels on my car currently, so not too fussed about taking that much care of them.

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2014, 16:48 »
If you want further advice or products then speak to waxamomo - he will sort you out!

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2014, 19:23 »
Have a read through this little lot:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=78.0
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂