Author Topic: Diesel In My Boot  (Read 4572 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Diesel In My Boot
« Reply #10 on: 18 February 2011, 15:55 »
get something like this...

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=7&idcategory=17#details

very useful and will last you a long time as it dilutes down

get a spray bottle and head too  :wink:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #11 on: 18 February 2011, 17:50 »
My home remedy.

Sprinkle baking soda over the boot carpet. Cover the entire area and leave the baking soda on the carpet overnight. The baking soda will absorb any remaining fuel and will also help to absorb the odour.Vacuum the baking soda from the carpet the next day.

Then wipe the carpet with a damp rag soaked in warm water and white vinegar 50/50 solution. 

Wash the carpet with normal carpet cleaner, eg 1001. Leave to dry.

Then use a spray bottle with a vodka and water solution.  5 parts water to 1 part vodka.  This will kill any remaining smell.

Jonathan.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2011, 23:20 »
My home remedy.

Sprinkle baking soda over the boot carpet. Cover the entire area and leave the baking soda on the carpet overnight. The baking soda will absorb any remaining fuel and will also help to absorb the odour.Vacuum the baking soda from the carpet the next day.

Then wipe the carpet with a damp rag soaked in warm water and white vinegar 50/50 solution. 

Wash the carpet with normal carpet cleaner, eg 1001. Leave to dry.

Then use a spray bottle with a vodka and water solution.  5 parts water to 1 part vodka.  This will kill any remaining smell.

Jonathan.

vodka?!  :huh:

thats a new one on me... erm... errr.... schleeerrrr.... ya wannies (that was a drunk text I got many years ago)..

i'd rather drink it  :laugh:

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #13 on: 19 February 2011, 10:21 »
Vodka has many smell destroying uses:

http://mythbustersresults.com/episode41

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
  • .: Eat Me :.
« Reply #14 on: 21 February 2011, 13:35 »
Guy, I'm gona try your method over the next couple of days with the Jetwash and De Greaser if this fails lol!!

Then Mr Elvi I'm sure your advice should do the trick lol!! Thanks for the help tho chaps, much appreciated, I'll let you know how I get on. Been raining down here, and cant leave it in my house with the dogs etc.