Author Topic: Dodo Juice Sheepskin Tribble Wash Mitt  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Yorkishire

• Not said much yet
Dodo Juice Sheepskin Tribble Wash Mitt
« on: 18 August 2010, 20:12 »
How long are these expected to last?

I purchased a Dodo Juice Sheepskin Wash Mitt in December, but due to the weather never used it until February.  I've used it every couple of weeks since so about 18 times or so.  I went to use the thing tonight and when I pulled it on the elastic came away from the main part of the mitt.  I thought I could still use it but as I did bits of sheepskin kept coming off, consequently my mitt now looks like something that has been savaged by a fox!  :cry:

Anyone else had a similar experience?
2006 GTI T 200PS | Steel Grey| 3 door | Manual | 18" Monza II's | Leather |DVD | MFD2 Satnav | Centre Armrest | Ipod Prep | Highline MFD | Winter Pack

Offline dragonfly

• I live here
Re: Dodo Juice Sheepskin Tribble Wash Mitt
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2010, 21:03 »
How have you maintained it between uses? Washed in conditioner? Left it wet?

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2010, 00:40 »
as above.

sounds to me like its dried out and gone brittle and hasnt been brushed,also it cant be left soaking wet either or it will rot so the cuff should be opened out to allow the air to circulate inside the mitt, plus if its left for long periods without use it tends to dry out completely which is also not good for it, they are fine if just air dryed but left slighly damp then put in a sealable bag if not being used for long periods.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Yorkishire

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2010, 07:56 »
After each use I used to rinse the suds out of it with warm water, then hand wring it out.  I then used to pick it in the tumble dryer untill damp then leave on a news paper with the 'opening' opened to allow air to get in.  All in all I thnik I was treating it too soft.
2006 GTI T 200PS | Steel Grey| 3 door | Manual | 18" Monza II's | Leather |DVD | MFD2 Satnav | Centre Armrest | Ipod Prep | Highline MFD | Winter Pack

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #4 on: 19 August 2010, 21:19 »
tumble dryer is a big no no with natural sheepskin wash mitts...it kills them.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2010, 02:22 »
I went through three wash mitts before I realised what i was doing wrong.

With my current one, rinse after use, gently wring off excess, then hang in bathroom using a hanger that's been twisted so it opens up the inside as well as support the mitt. Once dry, combed and placed into bag.