Author Topic: Thai's mk3 ...actually no it's a mk4 TDI wagon now - page 7 problems!!  (Read 21421 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Well it looks like il be lingering around this section for a good while longer yet even though the valver has been put off the road seeing as I picked this up yesterday.

(Pics and blurb taken from the Gumtree advert)

(Pictures taken whilst raining hence white spots) VW Golf 1.9 Tdi G.L. Silver, Mot March 2014, Road Tax Feb 2014, service History, 3 former keepers, cambelt replacement at 124k, Power Steering, Central Locking, electric windows, electric sunroof, & mirrors, this model also comes with air Conditioning, adjustable steering, adjustable seats, fully functional load cover, folding rear seats, headrests, this being a G.L spec it has fully colour coded bumpers and side trims. Recent battery, extremely reliable and economical. Returns over 570 miles on a tank.

I now have 2 TDI wagons and a 16v - The neighbours are going to f**king hate me before long!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 18 October 2014, 23:22 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Like a bad smell...
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2013, 23:42 »
Looks tidy :afro: is 3 mk3s enough :grin:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2013, 00:10 »
Yeah it's not bad although the there is some bubbling on both front wings and the jacking points are squashed as per usual on these things but il get them sorted after Christmas.
I had no intention of buying another mk3 but with hardly any interest in the 16v and a plethora of goodies fitted to it I thought it would make sense to utilise them on a more worthy wagon than the one I'm currently rattling around in.
This is probably the highest factory specced TDI estate I've seen in years so had to be bought really. A/C, electric sunroof, electric mirrors, 4 x electric mirrors, rear headrests and fully colour coded.

I've got a set of Renault 19 16v phase 1 alloy wheels to go on tomorrow which will do until i get my BBS RX on instead.
A ECU chip has been ordered, im currently looking into injector nozzles and i'm in discussions with a guy about a decat frontpipe.
The plan is to eventually swap all running gear from the 16v over to this ie. brakes, 5 stud hubs, wishbones, stub axles etc.
Complete interior swap ie. VR6 Highline heated seats, door cards, Lupo steering wheel, gearknob, US centre console and other parts etc etc. B&M short shift gear lever.
Anni foglights and indicators, smoked side repeaters, lower bumper ducts.

I've already sourced some MFA equipped TDI clocks in Germany which im going to fit plasma dials to, that should spruce up the dash up area a bit and eventually il also install the OEM cruise control stalk.
« Last Edit: 17 November 2013, 00:16 by thai-wronghorse »

Offline spikenipple

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2013, 21:08 »
Very nice!

How much did that set you back?

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2013, 21:48 »
It was advertised at £899 which I was never going to pay tbh but due to the spec i kinda set myself on coming home with it plus it was a massive effort for me going to pick it up due to work and the need for getting a train for almost 3 hours.
As posted above it turned out that there was some unmentioned bubbling on both front wings and i found some minor corrosion on the rear footwell drain hole which immediately allowed me to heavily knock the owner down and in turn drove away with it for £720 which was much more like it IMO.
I can't see a massive amount of work been done on it this side of xmas due to obvious reasons but this should look pretty good once I start cannibalising the 16v.

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2013, 22:18 »
Loving the future plans

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2013, 22:27 »
Yeah i'm quite looking forward to getting stuck in but for the time been i reckon i'll have to drive around a super stock granny wagon.  :embarrassed:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Like a bad smell...a new wagon to the collection.
« Reply #7 on: 18 November 2013, 08:02 »
The two donors await their cull.  :evil:

Offline spikenipple

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2013, 16:56 »
What's wrong with the other wagon?

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2013, 21:42 »
The blue one is a lot rougher round the edges and has higher mileage plus the fact it's only a CL spec so will be going up for sale this week. It was only ever bought as a functional inbetween car.
I robbed the alloy wheels from it this morning and the stereo from the 16v.
« Last Edit: 18 November 2013, 21:44 by thai-wronghorse »