Author Topic: Water system  (Read 2185 times)

Offline Saville

• Not said much yet
Water system
« on: 17 September 2009, 12:27 »
I have a question on the direction of water flow thru the system! if posible, very specific! 2e 2.0l mk3 gti!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Water system
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2009, 12:28 »
Whats the question.

Offline Saville

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2009, 12:41 »
In wat direction does the water flow from the bottle thru the system?

gtigolfthree

« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2009, 15:48 »
It basically flows through the top hose (hot water) through the radiator getting cooled, through the bottom hose (cool water) to get heated up again by the engine. The bottle is for expansion. Water like everything else expands when heated. Hope that helps.

Offline Saville

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2009, 06:12 »
The reason im asking is this, ive replaced the temp sensor, fan switch (which is still not getting hot), and thermostat (bottom hose still ice cold). The cooling fans is not going on (hooked it up to the bat and it works fine), the car is running at +- 110 deg (not F) i dont want to connect the fan to the ign, what can i do to get the fans to run!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2009, 09:01 »
The reason im asking is this, ive replaced the temp sensor, fan switch (which is still not getting hot), and thermostat (bottom hose still ice cold). The cooling fans is not going on (hooked it up to the bat and it works fine), the car is running at +- 110 deg (not F) i dont want to connect the fan to the ign, what can i do to get the fans to run!

Might be a airlock.

Offline Saville

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2009, 09:27 »
How do i get rid of the air!