Author Topic: Well now it's remapped ( With a RR Graph ) and I'm over the moon.  (Read 2980 times)

Offline neilc

• Not said much yet
Well only just got my MK5 GTI and just posted in the new owner section , and a remap beckons for sure. I have modded many a car before and had many different maps from REVO stage 1 , 2 , 3 , AMD and also custom maps too on Big turbo cars. Now on those Big turbo cars ( An S3 and a TT Quattro Sport ) I was prepared to travel because of the fact that a generic stage 3 map wouldn't have cut the mustard.

Now I am looking for a stage 1 on the GTI and have Clive Atthowe only 10 miles from me in Norwich who is a REVO agent but I have read much about R-Tech and the quality of the mapping , so convince me is the 290 mile round trip really worth it ??

Cheers

Neil
« Last Edit: 28 April 2014, 18:20 by neilc »

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: Convince me..
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2014, 15:56 »
Cant, not sure a 300 mile trip trumps Revo. Both are great maps. you will be happy with either.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2014, 19:09 »
forget revo travel to r-tech i have driven 1300 miles to have my car done by them and i have had amd maps and revo maps in the past  :smiley:

Offline neilc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2014, 10:25 »
Thanks for the views guys , it's important to get the mapping right so not adverse to travelling if it's that good.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 10 April 2014, 20:11 »
Thanks for the views guys , it's important to get the mapping right so not adverse to travelling if it's that good.
well r-tech it is then  :wink:

Offline neilc

• Not said much yet
Re: Mapping done ( With RR graph ) and over the moon..
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2014, 18:19 »
Well ended up having my friend Wak of Wak-TT.com remap the car and now my GTI feels like a different car showing live readings of 266 BHP and 312 LBFT and on MRC Tunings rollers on Saturday it showed a similar 257 BHP and an even stronger 319 LBFT ! And the car feels super torquey and in 4th , 5th and 6th the car really pulls with shocking vigour for a 2.0T. Well chuffed with the results so thanks to Wak.

« Last Edit: 28 April 2014, 18:37 by neilc »