Author Topic: rear washer  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Ashmond

• I live here
  • Money, b!tches And Boost
Re: rear washer
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2008, 09:17 »
I have had 4 coilies go, get the hitachi ones and they will never blow again!
Will always love my mk4 but she had to go...225 Quattro TT in its place....but its still black (she lives on in spirit!)

Offline iMation

• I live here
  • G SiXtY
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2008, 12:19 »
As for your problem mate, remove the wiper motor, cap the fluid pipe, and get a rubber grommet thing from halfrauds then make it look spot on :D
Meh....

Offline ginner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 26 March 2008, 12:28 »
I just stopped using mine altogether, and if it needs cleaning (the rear window) I get the wife to nip out and give it a wipe. :wink:

Offline AndyGreen

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2008, 12:29 »
took the panel off the back today and put the pipe back on the wiper... tried the rear washer and it all spewed out of the left side pillar and into the boot!!!! looks like that made it worse!  Anyone know how to get the beige interior off the left side panels so I can see if the tube is broken!

Thanks

Offline AndyGreen

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 26 March 2008, 16:41 »
FIXED!!!!! 

It was the connection inside the headlining above the parcel shelf on left hand side. 

Once connected, and connected up on the motor, all worked fine!

Thanks for all your help guys

Andy

smiiithy

« Reply #15 on: 05 January 2010, 16:19 »
One fault I didn't notice when buying my Mk 4 Golf GT TDi is the rear washer doesn't work :rolleyes:

The pump goes but no water. It was in for a service and my mechanic can't find the problem so where do I start looking for a leak? :huh: I'm not very good at and hate doing this kind of fiddly fault finding stuff :angry:

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2010, 19:00 »
One fault I didn't notice when buying my Mk 4 Golf GT TDi is the rear washer doesn't work :rolleyes:

The pump goes but no water. It was in for a service and my mechanic can't find the problem so where do I start looking for a leak? :huh: I'm not very good at and hate doing this kind of fiddly fault finding stuff :angry:

Pipe has probably come off in the tailgate  :smiley:

MKIV Mod Squadâ„¢ a part of the headlight police.

Offline The Dave

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 05 January 2010, 21:13 »
Brass pipe running from hose through to jet on outside of car has prob broken.

Mines done it, took it to bits to see for myself but I can't be arsed pay to fix it lol