Author Topic: First ever Golf GTI and lease  (Read 7180 times)

Offline DTX3

• Not said much yet
Re: First ever Golf GTI and lease
« Reply #10 on: 20 February 2019, 12:20 »
Sweet! Out of interest, which lease company did you go with?

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 20 February 2019, 12:36 »
Went with lease comparison as they had some in stock and very good customer service reviews

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2019, 15:02 »
Sweet! Out of interest, which lease company did you go with?

If you looking, Blue Chilli have some good offers and ok to deal with, as are Stable I think.

https://www.bluechillicars.com/car-leasing/volkswagen/golf-hatch/golf-5dr-hat-20-tsi-245-gti-prfmnc-dsg7

https://www.stablevehiclecontracts.co.uk/volkswagen-golf-gti-leasing

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 20 February 2019, 17:23 »
Also you should get a iphone cable
Not anymore you don't, VAG group stopped that a year or so ago due to the difficulties with non-approved accessories and apple blocking cables that weren't theirs.

Picked mine up 21/12 - with VW branded cable
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 20 February 2019, 18:18 »
Not anymore you don't, VAG group stopped that a year or so ago due to the difficulties with non-approved accessories and apple blocking cables that weren't theirs.

Picked my car up at 28/12 and received a VW branded cable. Didn't ask for it, left in the console, but it is recorded in the Golf GTI as standard spec.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 20 February 2019, 18:26 »

Picked my car up at 28/12 and received a VW branded cable. Didn't ask for it, left in the console, but it is recorded in the Golf GTI as standard spec.
Interesting, a call to my dealer is in order then...
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 20 February 2019, 18:35 »

Its worded - Premier USB cable (choice of either Apple or Android smartphone compatibility)

Interesting, a call to my dealer is in order then...

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 21 February 2019, 11:01 »
Just had a call from the leasing company and even though the finance went through all ok somehow the car was not reserved and the whole batch got sold without them knowing and even at the point it went through they where told the cars where still in stock (only manuals left now).

Now I am faced with a decision whether to do a factory order which may cost more or to look elsewhere with possibly multiple credit searches which will not look favourably on my credit report.

Bit annoyed about this so lets hope lease comparison can pull something out the bag and source me another car.

Worst case scenario they said they will refund me the admin fee so I can look elsewhere.

:sad: :angry:
« Last Edit: 21 February 2019, 11:04 by daleski »

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 21 February 2019, 11:11 »
Just had a call from the leasing company and even though the finance went through all ok somehow the car was not reserved and the whole batch got sold without them knowing and even at the point it went through they where told the cars where still in stock (only manuals left now).

Now I am faced with a decision whether to do a factory order which may cost more or to look elsewhere with possibly multiple credit searches which will not look favourably on my credit report.

Bit annoyed about this so lets hope lease comparison can pull something out the bag and source me another car.

Worst case scenario they said they will refund me the admin fee so I can look elsewhere.

Give a VW dealer from a big group (such as Inchcape or Lookers) a call, and tell them exactly what you want, what's been offered and ask what they can do. Tell them you are ready to sign there and then for a stock car (which they will have access too).

I got my local VW dealer (who are part of Lookers) to match a cheap lease on a Golf back in 2016.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 21 February 2019, 11:14 »

Give a VW dealer from a big group (such as Inchcape or Lookers) a call, and tell them exactly what you want, what's been offered and ask what they can do. Tell them you are ready to sign there and then for a stock car (which they will have access too).

I got my local VW dealer (who are part of Lookers) to match a cheap lease on a Golf back in 2016.

Will give that a go if the leasing company has no luck