Author Topic: MK 3.5 Cabrio hood fault  (Read 3857 times)

Offline Moth Wallet

• Just got here
MK 3.5 Cabrio hood fault
« on: 12 August 2017, 11:06 »
Good Morning, my cabby has developed a fault with its power hood and I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction to fix it. The hood goes down as normal at the press of the button, but won't move when the time comes to raise it. If you press the rocker switch on the dash to bring it up nothing happens, but if you push it the other way you can hear the hydraulic pump working. Strangely if fiddle with the ignition switch sometimes the roof will go back up as normal when I press the rocker switch. I'm puzzled because pressing the rocker switch down brings the roof down without fail every time and if you press the rocker switch when it's fully down it still activates the pump, so it would appear that the ignition switch is giving 12v to the rocker switch when the key is inserted in the off position, which is in turn feeding the solenoid under the rear seat. So why the up position won't work without fiddling with the ignition key is a mystery. Any help really appreciated.

Regards Moth Wallet

Offline gasketface

• I live here
Re: MK 3.5 Cabrio hood fault
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2017, 18:32 »
It's the ignition switch itself .

I just had similar problem where it wouldnt go up or down unless you held key in a certain position.

Dont buy a cheapie as they are just not worth having .