Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2773551 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8250 on: 23 March 2018, 10:26 »
what does that do?

Stops the clutch pedal from going down to the floor.

i've always thought the clutch pedal travel was too long - i get in my van or the wifes mini after the golf and nearly put my foot through the floor!

does this not damage the clutch / gearbox as the full disengagement isnt being used?

The clutch is still fully disengaging.

2016 GTD with 40k miles on the clock. Third genuine VW windscreen fitted.........

This is the one I got https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F331207149596
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8251 on: 24 March 2018, 10:18 »
what does that do?

i've always thought the clutch pedal travel was too long - i get in my van or the wifes mini after the golf and nearly put my foot through the floor!

does this not damage the clutch / gearbox as the full disengagement isnt being used?

There's a bit of extra travel that can be reduced it's not massive but feels good removing it. You can adjust the bump stops as they have removable spacers on them so you can tweak accordingly.  A simple but effective mod.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8252 on: 24 March 2018, 16:41 »
Bought it a little treat:

Current set have been on for 2 years and look okay but were rather smeary last week which was a pain on the motorway. £24 or so delivered, seems very fair.

So, not very exciting nor technically challenging but new blades fitted. Hopefully now smeargate is behind me :smiley: Also added a radio station logo, another nice easy job but worth doing.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8253 on: 24 March 2018, 17:02 »
what does that do?

There's a bit of extra travel that can be reduced it's not massive but feels good removing it. You can adjust the bump stops as they have removable spacers on them so you can tweak accordingly.  A simple but effective mod.
What exactly is the point of this? Genuinely interested, not being arsey  :smiley:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #8254 on: 24 March 2018, 17:15 »
Well eventually managed to get the car looking like it should even managed to get the wife's Scirocco done too.. extra brownie points lol

2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8255 on: 24 March 2018, 17:39 »
what does that do?

What exactly is the point of this? Genuinely interested, not being arsey  :smiley:

Check out this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_u9SyslOnw

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8256 on: 24 March 2018, 18:34 »
what does that do?

Check out this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_u9SyslOnw

It removes the unnecessary pedal travel which gets annoying. Unlike the one on the video, mine didn't require any drilling so easier installation and refitting of the standard part is possible. Also, I found my seat position to be compromised by the excessive clutch travel and had to sit closer than I wanted to. With the bump stop fitted I have my seat one notch further back which is more comfortable. A great value and very simple mod. :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8257 on: 24 March 2018, 19:00 »
And it doesn't make any difference to the clutch or gear change etc?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8258 on: 24 March 2018, 19:19 »
No, certainly not in normal driving. Perhaps it shaves a few milliseconds off a gear change but for me I was finding my comfy seat position meant a slight strain in my calf when pressing the clutch which on a stop start journey became a bit uncomfortable. But, I must admit :embarrassed: the teenager in me does enjoy being able to change gear just that bit quicker particularly in conjunction with my short shifter and return spring delete, adds a bit of fun to the drive :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #8259 on: 24 March 2018, 19:31 »
Ill look into the assist spring - I can’t believe how soft the pedal is. It’s even more noticeable after driving the golf and getting into another car with a ‘ normal’ weighted pedal.

How thick is the bump stop out of interest?
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver