Author Topic: Alignment Checking which system and recommendation?  (Read 1542 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Alignment Checking which system and recommendation?
« on: 04 January 2019, 17:15 »
Hunter or Hoffman which one or does it not matter. I've noticed a slight feathering on the front of my new tyres in only about 800 odd miles. I might aswell get everything checked out. Also looking for recommendations in Sunderland/Durham area for alignment but don't mind travelling either within reason. Just a side note but when the original Bridgestones were removed they had worn evenly. Thanks chaps and chapesses  :smiley:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Alignment Checking which system and recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: 04 January 2019, 21:00 »
It's not the system, more the person using it that makes the difference. When I had issues with the Mk6, I used the dealers. It cost about £100 about 3-4 years ago.

For the best results, it really needs doing with new, or evenly worn tyres.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2019, 00:06 »
The Bridgestones that came off were evenly worn it's just since fitting the Michelin PS4's.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2019, 13:32 »
My steering isn't straight on my32 mark 4 am getting this fixed this afternoon ast wheels in motion io Chesham will let you know how I get on

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2019, 18:24 »
👍👍

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2019, 19:42 »
A few years back I got revolution motorstore at gateshead to set mine up on the hunter. Not had an issue since.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2019, 07:01 »
Unfortunately a few years ago Revolution stripped/crossed every wheel bolt on my Tiguan because the idiot who didn't even balance the wheels properly thought he was replacing tyres on an F1 car. Windy gunned every one and threaded the lot. Haven't been back since. They did however do a great job with the eibach springs on my MK4 gt TDI in the previous building.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2019, 07:23 »
I used revolution after a mate had his GTR done there and they did a good job on his. Ive had no other work done by them and sad to read about your experience :shocked:

The only other ive used a couple times for this type of work was http://www.tyr-exdurham.co.uk
« Last Edit: 12 January 2019, 07:27 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2019, 10:15 »
Just been this morning to Tyr ex to get my wheels balanced. Found out I've got a flat spot on one of my new michelins. It's balanced up ok but need to keep an eye on it. I couldn't get booked in to the guy you emailed me about Snoopy 👍