Author Topic: Advice please - GTI or R?  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Advice please - GTI or R?
« Reply #30 on: 16 September 2018, 19:13 »
Hope you enjoy it titchy :smiley: Oh, and get yourself some Michelin tyres on all four corners if you can, great tyres and so much grip.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 16 September 2018, 19:50 »
That's pretty much how I felt after driving both. People think you're crazy: "how can you go for the GTI  over the R" I've had that said to me and they look at  you stupid when you explain - all they see is the 300bhp and 4wd and instantly it must be better.

They let me out in a Clubsport after and I was considering some serious debt, that's the one you want! I could've got one and I wish I had but it was more than I wanted to spend on a car, not only that but I've to run the thing and I do nearly 20,000 miles a year.

Don't be tight like me and buy a Clubsport :D

Offline Davey-c

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 16 September 2018, 20:05 »
+ 1 for the Clubsport 👍🏻
2023 Golf R 20 Years, Lapiz Blue, 19 Inch Black Estoril Alloys, Rear Camera, Harmon Kardon Sound System.

Offline titchy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 17 September 2018, 08:07 »
Hope you enjoy it titchy :smiley: Oh, and get yourself some Michelin tyres on all four corners if you can, great tyres and so much grip.

Yeah I put some PS4's on my current car not so long ago so a bit annoyed to see them go but I fully intend on sticking some on when the time comes.
Black, 3 Door, MY '16 GTI.
Dynaudio, AppConnect.