Author Topic: New Mk6 Gt Tdi owner from Newcastle  (Read 811 times)

Offline Gaz2559

• Not said much yet
New Mk6 Gt Tdi owner from Newcastle
« on: 02 June 2013, 22:54 »
Hi all,

I have just purchased a Mk 6 Gt Tdi today, although don't pick it up tip Tuesday. I am just wondering what you lot think of the value I paid for the car, I think it's a steel but may be wrong!

Brief history on me...first car was a Mk 2, 1.3 shed! 2nd was a Mk 2 1.8 Driver - nice car. 3rd was a Mk 3 1.9 tdi - total ringer. Last Vw was a Mk 4 1.9 tdi se but modded to GT spec (ish) loved it. I have owned a BMW 525d sport (e39) for the last 6 years but time for a change! It has 181k on it and will be selling vey soon.

Anyway I am now back to Golfs, and my 5th one!! Test drove a standard spec Gt Tdi with 52k miles for £11,688 from Arnold Clark in Newcastle. I however found a few other better versions elsewhere but they all sold before I got there. Anyway today I drove to Sheffield and agreed finance and part ex for my wives atrocious Astra which fails MOT every year despite only doing 4k a year! The car I bought is from a very clean looking garage selling £20k+ cars, all come with 3 month warranty, 12 month MOT etc...I paid £11,500 for this....(not got car yet so might be missing bits)

Black Gt Tdi 53,500 miles, 09 plate
5 doors
Winter pack (heated seats, automatic heated washers!? Headlight washers? - bumper is prepped for them)
DVD Sat Nav
Parking sensors
Park assist
Rear view camera
Upgraded climate control
Automatic lights

Not totally upto knowledge on spec on these golfs but this to me seems a peach and I had to snap it up. Body work looks immaculate, 1 owner, newish Pirelli and Good Year tyres.  Only snag is MOT advisory of new timing chain in 8 months. They are offering to do it for £250 (here tomorrow if that cover water pump etc).

What do you lot think?

Will try and post pics from website now, apologies if they don't work.  If they don't work how do you post pics!?

Cheers - cant wait to collect it on Tuesday!