Author Topic: Good to see the Forum back up!  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Good to see the Forum back up!
« on: 21 April 2019, 23:05 »
I’m know I’m not alone in being pleased to see our Forum back up and running, after over 10 days, or so.

I expected to see a topic on this, but I eventually found other folks thoughts in the “What have you done to your MK 7 today ?” topic, so, if you want to know more, it’s there. Apparently, the server went down, but how anyone knows anything I’ve no idea. Nothing came up with a google search and nothing on any of the obvious alternative forums. Anyway, it’s back, so that’s good! 😊
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Re: Good to see the Forum back up!
« Reply #1 on: 21 April 2019, 23:20 »
So happy everything is back! Really good work getting it up and running again.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 April 2019, 23:51 »
I can only echo what people have already said. I love this forum. The advice received over the years has been invaluable whether it be from my mk5 to my current R.

Advice has saved me thousands over the years in discounts (probably cost a few thousand in new cars I didn’t need either!) to simple things like not having to worry about keyless as the knowledge was right here. 

So happy the forum is back and we’ll done everyone who’s played a part in its resurrection. I was that desperate for my forum fix I even put out an appeal on twitter!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
7.5 GTD

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 April 2019, 07:09 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=285006.0

Thanks for the link to that Guzzle. I have to admit to not giving a thought about how the Forum was run and financed, but, most of all, what motivated it, besides a love of our cars, which we all share. Worst of all, I had never even looked at the Forum Charity topic and now realise what an intrinsic part of the Forum it is.

I’ve been on here a good few years, so I will be making up for not having contributed anything before. A direct link to this years Just Giving page is here:

https://www.justgiving.com/golfgtiyear10
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 22 April 2019, 07:56 »
I emailed mail@golfgti.co.uk over the weekend to enquire about the site being down and had a reply from John to advise it was a server hardware fault. I figured the easiest way to let people know it was working again was to post something in a popular thread so that people received email notifications - that seems to have done the trick!

Glad to see it back, even if I’m not adding anything new it’s always a great source of information trawling through all the posts. So my thanks to John for getting things up and running again.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 22 April 2019, 08:22 »
.....Glad to see it back, even if I’m not adding anything new it’s always a great source of information trawling through all the posts. So my thanks to John for getting things up and running again.

Hear-hear.

Didn't realised how much I enjoyed and relied on the forum for info until it went down.  Very grateful to John for his work.  Consequently, donated.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.