Author Topic: Pondering selling my Ed40  (Read 3078 times)

Offline drisser

• I live here
Pondering selling my Ed40
« on: 07 April 2019, 19:12 »
I have posted in the classifieds about my clubsport ed 40 3 door manual with buckets if anyone is interested.

It is the perfect drivers spec and I am pondering selling due to not using it that much so just seeing what interest out there given it still has plenty warranty left.

I would love to (and could) keep it long term it was bought as a keeper after searching high and low for this exact spec, but I might be moving house next year with limited garage space so selling rather than putting it in storage is an option. 

Anyway let me know if you are interested I can send pics.  If you search under the Clubsport Pics thread you will see some of my original pictures.

Thought I would potentially offer it to the forum first as I don't really want to sell it to the trade, its too good for someone to make a margin on it !

Cheers guys
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: Pondering selling my Ed40
« Reply #1 on: 07 April 2019, 19:21 »
C'mon @Watts, you know you want it :grin:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2019, 19:42 »

You're not wrong, sounds spot on for me! My OH would probably kill me though :embarrassed:

Update, I mentioned it and her answer was rather ambiguous, "no". Not quite sure where she really stands on this... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 07 April 2019, 20:12 by Watts »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2019, 20:32 »
Why don't you buy a house with more garaging?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2019, 07:52 »

You're not wrong, sounds spot on for me! My OH would probably kill me though :embarrassed:

Update, I mentioned it and her answer was rather ambiguous, "no". Not quite sure where she really stands on this... :rolleyes:

Watts - you only live once - get it bought!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2019, 08:21 »

I hate it when they are so unclear on their position :grin:
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2019, 08:24 »

I've consistently found that no always means yes. So Watts you should just get this bought. Prices are rock solid so that should keep his other half happy!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2019, 13:14 »
Stick some pictures up, let's have a look at them seats etc 😍

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2019, 13:39 »
If it was my perfect colour and spec, I'd be all over it for £25000.
Not enough doors and too red for me. Still gorgeous though :drool:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 08 April 2019, 14:26 »

I've consistently found that no always means yes. So Watts you should just get this bought. Prices are rock solid so that should keep his other half happy!  :grin:

So for the sake of clarity I've revisited this with my OH and a short exchange appears to have resolved the ambiguity. Apparently no means no. I made an appeal against this decision and a compromise of "I'll have a look at it later" was offered however I suspect that was a coded way of saying 'it's still no but if this shut's you up for a bit' :rolleyes:

Shame, it does sound spot on spec wise for me :kiss: :tongue:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.