Author Topic: After a Clubsport S.  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Craig

• Not said much yet
Re: After a Clubsport S.
« Reply #20 on: 06 April 2019, 12:25 »
Hi dude above. Thanks for the input but this is my search for a Clubsport S so start your own thread! LOL.

On a serious note have you seen this car?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk7/volkswagen-golf-gti-clubsport-s--rare-non-air-con--ppf--service-plan/9460201

I’ve contacted him and he seams a decent enough guy but it does not have air con and has three owners. Plus I know he paid a good bit less than what it’s advertised at. That be decent for you?

Offline CSS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 06 April 2019, 12:38 »
Hi Craig,
Yes, he has had for sale on and off for nearly a year.  Its been down at 31995 and whilst non-aircon is a bonus, if you were using it regularly I would prefer to have aircon.  But its in very good condition. 
Cheers
« Last Edit: 06 April 2019, 13:20 by CSS »

Offline Craig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 06 April 2019, 14:01 »
Cool. I would say no air con is a negative tbh. Appreciate it’s the ethos of the car but I’m not having sweaty balls driving around just to save 15kg 😂

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 06 April 2019, 17:53 »
I'm amused at the selling approach. Calling a car without aircon rare. I had a dealer telling me that red was the rarest colour to justify a silly price and factually, maybe that's true but you could say that it's the least desirable colour as well.

It feels like you're saying that 3 previous owners is a negative thing? It's quite easy to get to that on limited supply cars, you can't infer what you would on a normal production model with multiple owners. It's usually in the hands of the third owner by the time the car even gets run in. A friend of mine has a 6 owner CSS with 1400 miles on it.

You have to buy these cars on condition otherwise you'll be on a perpetual search and as time goes on, those low/no mileage cars will push into ridiculous collector premiums.

Good luck with the search and pictures when they arrive please.  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Craig

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 07 April 2019, 08:05 »
I agree regarding the owners number of owners opinion. I’m currently in discussions with someone regarding their car so we shall see what happens. I’ve trawled through loads of videos on YouTube. And shocked at the sideways Sid driving behaviour on public roads. No wonder that cars still for sale lol.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 07 April 2019, 09:07 »
Everyone to their own, but there's no way I would buy a car that was under 2 years old with more than one owner, limited edition or not and if that I meant I had to wait for months or longer to find one, so be it.  Maybe it's because I'm an old fogey and it's the way I've always approached car buying.  I have noticed that younger generations to me don't seem to be bothered by the number of owners.  When I ask friends sons/daughters how many owners their "new" car has had, they never seem to know.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 07 April 2019, 10:03 »
Everyone to their own, but there's no way I would buy a car that was under 2 years old with more than one owner, limited edition or not and if that I meant I had to wait for months or longer to find one, so be it.  Maybe it's because I'm an old fogey and it's the way I've always approached car buying.  I have noticed that younger generations to me don't seem to be bothered by the number of owners.  When I ask friends sons/daughters how many owners their "new" car has had, they never seem to know.

Agree with this generally. But this is a car without back seats. Many people buy then realise it’s not worth keeping a car you can’t do the school run in, however good it is to drive.
When I come to buy my elise in a few years, I won’t be too put off by the car having a few owners
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 07 April 2019, 20:42 »
I agree regarding the owners number of owners opinion. I’m currently in discussions with someone regarding their car so we shall see what happens. I’ve trawled through loads of videos on YouTube. And shocked at the sideways Sid driving behaviour on public roads. No wonder that cars still for sale lol.

Fingers crossed in the negotiations.

I went to a cars and coffee at a Porsche dealership a little while ago and Sideways Sid left in a cloud of tyre smoke and was an absolute tit. If he'd gotten it wrong, there were bystanders on both sides of the road including a number of children. I appreciate that editing doesn't show whether he has spotters or whether he is on quiet roads at dead times and so on so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that he took all safety precautions. But the cars and coffee incident, that was pure reckless stupidity and that's not me being a kill joy.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 07 April 2019, 21:51 »

I went to a cars and coffee at a Porsche dealership a little while ago and Sideways Sid left in a cloud of tyre smoke and was an absolute tit. If he'd gotten it wrong, there were bystanders on both sides of the road including a number of children. I appreciate that editing doesn't show whether he has spotters or whether he is on quiet roads at dead times and so on so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in that he took all safety precautions. But the cars and coffee incident, that was pure reckless stupidity and that's not me being a kill joy.

That’s not being s killjoy at all. In one of his YouTube videos, his standard of driving on public roads was certainly pure reckless stupidity; behaviour such as accelerating over a hump back bridge in a Fiesta ST and becoming airborne with all four wheels off the ground is downright irresponsible on public roads, where there’s a risk of injury to other road users or damage to other cars or property. 
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 07 April 2019, 23:19 »

That’s not being s killjoy at all. In one of his YouTube videos, his standard of driving on public roads was certainly pure reckless stupidity; behaviour such as accelerating over a hump back bridge in a Fiesta ST and becoming airborne with all four wheels off the ground is downright irresponsible on public roads, where there’s a risk of injury to other road users or damage to other cars or property.

It's what happens with unregulated media and a low cost of entry on to the YouTube platform along with the promise of a 'champagne lifestyle'.