Author Topic: Change Club Sport for TCR?  (Read 6977 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Change Club Sport for TCR?
« Reply #30 on: 07 April 2019, 15:18 »
Link to hazzydayz for the dynamic indicator tail lights here:

https://www.hazzydayz.com/mk7-mk75-golf-rear-dynamic-led-lights-supply-and-fit-8399-p.asp

£960?? :shocked:, my 7R lights were a quarter of that and I had to think long and hard about getting my wallet out for them :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 07 April 2019, 16:01 »
The prices they charge are ridiculous. Difficult to see how they remain in business 🤷‍♂️
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 07 April 2019, 20:20 »
I added Apple Car Play into my CSS and am going to change the tail lights shortly to the 7.5. Sometimes a little refresh or addition of items you didn't get or wasn't available to order at the time can make a difference.

Can you share some details or links to how you did this please?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to go through the main dealer to buy the license key which is £215 if I recall. If you have a CSS, they'll also need to replace the USB socket which they included as part of the job. There was a compatibility issue with the stock item.

I've not replaced the tail lights on the CSS, it's a job for summer but I might take it into HazzyDayz as they'll be far quicker on the coding and know where all the trim leverage points are. I swapped bi-xenons into a MKVI I owned a few years back and experience counts as does preparation. There is a lot more information out there these days but the colour coding on the wiring looms was not fun.

Thanks for that. I'll go to a dealer for the Car Play. Think I will pass on the lights.

Notice you have a GT4. Snap ... there can't be many people with a GT4 and a CSS!

Car play cost was offensive but no other way to do it as the gouging is in part a pass down license cost from Apple. I suspect VW would like me to think that they get nothing out of it...

Think you're right, can't be too many people with a GT4 / CSS combination. Waiting for the 718 GT4 which I think will be the last new NA car I ever buy. Assuming the rumours are right. How long have you had the combo?
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Ooosh

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 07 April 2019, 21:33 »
Think you're right, can't be too many people with a GT4 / CSS combination. Waiting for the 718 GT4 which I think will be the last new NA car I ever buy. Assuming the rumours are right. How long have you had the combo?

Good luck with the 718. My name is down but at best, 50% chance of an allocation.

Had my GT4 for 3years now (from new) and I bought my first CSS (from new) in December 2016, sold in august 2017 (to buy a boat) and now bought my second (6000 miles 3rd owner). First was number 139 and this one is 114 I think.
CSS + McLaren 570S + Saxdor 200 + Christen Eagle

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 07 April 2019, 22:55 »

Good luck with the 718. My name is down but at best, 50% chance of an allocation.

Had my GT4 for 3years now (from new) and I bought my first CSS (from new) in December 2016, sold in august 2017 (to buy a boat) and now bought my second (6000 miles 3rd owner). First was number 139 and this one is 114 I think.

Likewise. I put a LOI in for the 718 in 2015 and am on good terms so here's hoping. I went PTS on my GT4 and waited for an eternity (17 months) for the car to arrive because of it. I thought the wait was going to kill me.

I bought a Macan GTS new last year as my daily, spec'd it to be as much of a driver's car as was possible and got rid of it after 8 weeks. Worst car I ever bought and replaced it with the CSS. I had an allocation for a CSS in 2016 but had to pass due to a major issue with my eyes where I spent 2017 blind so my CSS is my second one in a sense too.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR